New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  08:58:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Computers think zero (0) is half of everything, the other half being 1.

if they think anything it is off and on.
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2011 :  11:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
awareness is creation
awareness is
awareness....

is

Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  08:36:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Greetings

These postings make me think about the Diamond that Cuts Through Illusion. "This is how the bodhisattva mahasattvas master their thinking. However many species of living beings there are - whether born from eggs, from the womb, from moisture, or spontaneously; whether they have form or do not have form; whether they have perceptions or do not have perceptions; or whether it cannot be said of them that they have peceptions or that they do not have perceptions, we must lead all these beings to the ultimate nirvana so that they can be liberated. And when this innumerable, immeasurable, infinite number of beings has become liberated, we do not, in truth, think that a single being has been liberated. For if a bodhisattva holds on to the idea that a self, a person, a living being, or life span exists, that person is not an authentic bodhisattva." My humble thoughts to your gracious wisdom

Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  08:48:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awareness means to be aware of something. but in fact there cannot be any awareness. For this is what we mean when we say awareness .

quote:
Originally posted by chas

awareness is creation
awareness is
awareness....

is

Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  10:26:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mikananda
Quote from your quote:
quote:

For if a bodhisattva holds on to the idea that a self, a person, a living being, or life span exists, that person is not an authentic bodhisattva.
quote:

Also from lesson 333 ( http://www.aypsite.org/333.html )
quote:

The relationship of the witness with our thoughts, feelings and perceptions of the external environment is the flash point where our inquiry can gain traction. We can let go. This is where the habit of samyama can help us. It all must be released. We can’t own anything, not even a thought. The thoughts will be there, but we can release our ownership of them. When we can do this honestly in an inquiring way, and the habit comes to abide in us, then we find that everything is in us, and we own it all.
quote:

That is the point of the post. Let the thoughts, ideas, and words go.

Edited by - chas on Nov 25 2011 10:28:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  11:09:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well said and I agree. A thought one may consider, GOD is not in you. You are in GOD. Most of the time, I like to consider ideas that fuel my pride and ego .
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  11:16:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If one were to own it all. Where would he put it . When one lets go. Where does it go?

Edited by - Mikananda on Nov 25 2011 11:43:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Mikananda

USA
90 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  11:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What some see as mental loops, others see as a staight line to the divine.

Edited by - Mikananda on Nov 25 2011 11:40:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  12:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mikananda

What some see as mental loops, others see as a staight line to the divine.

Loops & lines...? Implies there is somewhere to go.

As you & Chas both said... Just let go...

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  9:23:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you guys
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  11:01:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal

Hi everybody,

I have been pondering and meditating about the premise of why would a perfected soul of the Universe seek imperfection(into the illusion of flesh) to realize the perfection from whence it came?

Hi Nirmal,

Thanks for sharing. Your question is very profound.

It inspires a memory of
a dream of an angelic spirit
descending on me
becoming one with me
in the flesh

I never felt so mortal as
in that moment of union.

I thought I was physically dying
when in a state of sleep paralysis
mind awake, body asleep
my body seemed to burst into flame

overwhelming inescapable fire
seemed to levitate my body upward
and after the sheer terror
I never felt so
one-with-a-heavenly-angel

my energy body
shaped like my physical body
floated up, away from physicality
and it felt so very pleasurable
like the pure essence sex
without any friction

then my faculty of thought
was alone in a void
and I had an aha moment

and then there was nothing
and from out of that nothing
came me
whole, at peace
free of the clutter
of divided desire

that is when
I met my inner guru
face to face

It was the morning of
January 14, 1995

the trick
of course
is to relate
such an essential encounter
with daily life

and for that
a path of practices was needed

Thanks AYP!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  8:47:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Bewell. Thanks.

Nirmal,
While you are pondering, consider that maybe the illusion of flesh is not imperfect. But it is what enters that flesh when we are born. But how can something that is perfect become imperfect by being born?
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  09:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Etherfish and all,

You asked, "But how can something that is perfect become imperfect by being born?"
That being born of the flesh is an illusion, into the duality of pain and suffering. Hence, the imperfection. I suppose the exception is where one is born into flesh as "perfected" and einlightened anyhow. The rest is I suppose arrives to the illusion at whatever level of consciousness, but imperfect all the same.

The goal to Integratte of experiences and some knowlege to dispel the veil of ignorance. And when we let go, it ceases to exist.Letting go of thought and striving(as an example) of living in the space between thoughts or via much meditation and yoga.

Most assuredly God is within us and we are in God, because we all Are the same thing. There is nowhere where God is not.

Awareness is juat another word, illusion. I do, however,think that once self-realization occurs, the self/mind has merged with the Infinite and becomes Pure Awareness, infinite intelligence and energy,etc.,etc.

nirmal
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2011 :  2:06:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Suffering is self imposed. How can there be imperfection?

It is like saying that a wave on the Ocean is an aberration. The wave remains as the Ocean regardless of it being named as a wave. When did it begin?

It is seen to begin somewhere near the shoreline, but look, see it began somewhere deep in the Ocean, see that it could only begin when the ocean began, when the Earth was born, when the universe began, before that even. When will it die? Is it when it crashes on the beach? No, it merges back into the Ocean, does it die there? No, it never dies. It was never born it will never die.

While it is wave it is a wave, that is how it is. It does not need to cling to the idea that it is the wave or the Ocean, or that one day it will change, or that it is an imperfect piece of Ocean. If it accepts that it is the wave and the Ocean, it can get on with enjoying the sprint to the shore.

Using meditation or whatever to realise this simplicity is all that is required. There is no suffering because there is no need to change anything. It is as it is, not perfect or imperfect.

Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  07:58:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by nirmal

Karl, maybe this excerpt will explain what I'm trying to explain:

Just as there are seven colors in the rainbow and seven tones in a musical scale, each with a different vibratory rate, there are seven levels of being on the spectrum of creation. The slowest speed of vibration occurs on the physical plane; the highest, on the buddhaic plane. From the buddhaic plane, energy returns to its source, the Tao.

Physical plane: The densest of the seven planes; where we presently reside.

Astral plane: The second plane of creation. Its medium is concrete emotional energy. It is where our consciousness is focused between lifetimes and when we're finished with the physical plane.

Causal plane: The third plane of creation. Its medium is concrete intellectual energy. It is Michael's plane of existence.

Akashic plane: The central, neutral plane of creation that interconnects the other six. The distilled knowledge of the universe is recorded there. This is the records generated of everything that happens in the universe as it occurs. The appearance is that all matter and energy have a sort of built-in digital recording device, storing its entire history in a photographic code, but the records are actually windows into the past. The records show events exactly as they were experienced, so the information in them begins raw-it is not clarified, understood, and assimilated until a consciousness takes responsibility for doing so. Once it is fully assimilated, it is stored on the akashic plane.

Mental plane: The fifth plane of creation. Its medium is abstract intellectual energy, emphasizing truth. The infinite soul who incarnated as Lao-tzu taught from this plane.

Messianic plane: The sixth plane of creation. Its medium is abstract emotional energy, emphasizing love. The infinite soul who incarnated as Jesus taught from this plane.

Buddhaic plane: The highest plane of creation. Its medium is pure or abstract kinetic energy. We experience the buddhaic plane just before fully refocusing our awareness in the Tao. The infinite soul who incarnated as Buddha taught from this perfect plane.

nirmal(I do know that we,our Souls, are Perfection, but it is the waking up and remembering who we are is what's the game is all about.

SORRY MODERATORS: I do not know how to edit it,so I corrected the first post!!!!(tmalhat's why there are 2 posts. Thanks,nir
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  08:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirmal,

To edit, there is a symbol with a file and a pencil diagonally across from it. Click it and you can edit. To delete a post there is a similar symbol with a bin.

If you want one of these posts deleted just ask the mods.

Anyway:

You see/ believe in all these different planes. There are none of these for me. These planes only exist in your world, in what you refer to as the illusion. Within this illusion you have added additional layers. These just create complexity.

It is not what needs to be remembered, but what needs to be forgotten. You already are, there is no becoming, therefore cast off anything additional. Meditation will help you split the veil you have pulled over your own eyes. The colours, shapes and memories you have added. You must be willing to give them up.

When you are deep in sleep, there are no planes, no memories, no God, no way of being, no movement, no becoming, no end, no beginning, no birth, death, parents, friends, universe. Bring that forward into your life, see what you have added. There is nothing wrong with what you see, it is how you are seeing it.

Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  1:03:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi karl,

Thanks for the help. I cannot see this icon you're talking aabout. No pe3ncil, nowhere to delete. it. I give up!!!

Your reply is good; food for thought! What you say I do understand. I will chew on this for awhile.

thanks karl,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  1:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Nirmal
look at your post after it has been approved,the pencil icon is the third to the left
and the delete icon is the first to the right
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  01:37:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi karl,everyone,

I was not logged in when I tried to edit and delete,now I know!!!!!

I'm going to be away from the computer for awhile. I'd like to continue the conversation if you don't mind.

Love,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  08:27:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi karl,everyone,

I'm going to be away from the computer for awhile. I'd like to continue the conversation if you don't mind.

Love,
nirmal

Sure, go ahead - I talk to myself all the time too.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2011 :  09:04:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

quote:

Hi karl,everyone,

Love,
nirmal

Sure, go ahead - I talk to myself all the time too.

That's because you are not familiar enough with anthills. Instead you would speak to the ants.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000