Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Precognitive Dreams?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  3:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste friends!

I'm writing this because I'm wondering about what you all think about the possibility of having "precognitive dreams." I had a series of dreams last night that were extremely disturbing, mostly because I was "told" that what was happening in the dreams was going to happen in "real life." I'm not quite sure how to take this as generally I dismiss everything that shows up in dreams as "purification" (it's often very obvious that this is the case), but these dreams were much different in a lot of ways. I'll try to explain what happened.

I went to bed pretty early last night and swiftly fell asleep and began dreaming. At first I was dreaming that I was dreaming and I had an entire scenario (I'll explain the scenario below) play out three times, almost the exact same in each dream. Then, the "dreaming about dreaming" stopped and I just began dreaming... essentially it was just an increase in awareness of the dream... one level less filtered (hard to explain this). In the "regular dream" I had the same scenario I had had in the "dreaming about dreaming" dreams play out again, also three times. The scenario was pretty darn disturbing considering that I was being "told" as I went into the scenario each time that I was being "prepared," being given an "education" or a "precognition" of what was coming in "non-dream life." Basically I was being told that what I was dreaming was going to happen in real life and I was being given a "heads up" so that I could be prepared for it. Here's what the content of the dream was....

My wife and daughter and I were in a football or some other very large sports stadium. As we are leaving (with all the other 40K or so people) I notice some cracks in the concrete ceiling above us start developing and the building began to shake all around us. People start panicking and we are all running to try and get out of the stadium alive. In the first dream (I'm describing the dreams I had once I had stopped "dreaming I was dreaming" and was just "normal dreaming") we all died and we were taken back to the beginning of the dream and told to "try again" (basically). In the second dream I made it out, but I was separated from my wife and daughter.... this dream ended on it's own and we were all taken back to the beginning to, once again, "try again." On the third go-round all three of us made it out alive. Each dream scenario was exactly the same as the last, the only thing that changed was how we reacted to the stadium collapsing and how we tried to escape.

In the third dream, once we had made it out of the stadium alive, (along with a few hundred other people) we noticed that there was "militia" swarming all over the survivors and shooting them. There was a lot of terror personally felt at this point but all I could think about was saving my family. It was at this point in the dream that I was "told" that "the powers that be" were doing this in every city, and were trying to enact some sort of "population control." They were bombing/collapsing/large public places, shooting the survivors, and then going door to door eliminating everyone they could find. My family and I, along with a half dozen other people, managed to get away from the immediate militia swarming the remains of the stadium and we found ourselves hiding in a church that was on the outskirts of where the rubble ended. We tried to find the best hiding spots possible, but soon the militia were in the church and shooting anyone they could find. My family and I managed to escape the church alive, but were unsure of where we could go that would be safe. This is basically where the dream ended.... sorta. At this point in the dream the "scenario" ended, but the "downloading" or the "educating" or whatever you could call it, continued. I was walked through some specific places we could hide when this "population control" began in real life. I was shown an area in my grandparents house that we could hide, but was told that it wouldn't be safe there for long. Then I was told that if I hurried (over the next few months), I could build a small hidden room in my basement (I'm in the middle of developing my basement right now) and was shown where and how I should build it. This is when I "officially" woke up.

Needless to say I didn't go back to sleep for quite some time after this (which is extremely rare for me). I laid awake, wondering how exactly to "take" what was said/shown and if I should pay any attention to it or not. I spent some time wondering if I should actually build a small "panic room" in the basement, or if I should just chalk this all up to a "weird dream" and forget about it.

Would love to get any opinions/advices on what you "feel" with regards to this.

Love!

P.S> I'm not looking to discuss the probability of this dream scenario coming true, I'm more looking to discuss how to "take" a "precognitive" seeming dream like this.... should I pay any attention to it or should I just chalk it up to purification? ???

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  4:59:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Carson, that's quite a dream!

I do have "precognitive" dreams from time to time. That is, dreams that do play out in real life. However, in my experiences they are rare.

Additionally, I've found that even precognitive dreams have a lot of symbolic meaning, but very little literal meaning.

So I will chime in and say, take it with a grain of salt. If there is, in fact, a reason for you to build a "panic room", there will be ample notification... in other words, more will come to you besides the dream. Let the dream go in stillness regardless if it is a purification symptom or something more!

Take care, and keep on dreaming the good dreams!
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  6:11:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Goodness! What a dream!

I think I've had precognitive dreams as well. I dreamed about my daughters before they were born and knew that they were girls, and I picked out names for them. (We also picked out boy names, just in case. )

And I've had dreams like yours, where my family was threatened and no place was safe. Only, instead of running away like a sensible person, I was fighting the rearguard with some kicka** karate. HHHAAA!!

Anyway, I wouldn't take the dream too terribly seriously. Think about the massive effort, financing, training, coordination, logistics, etc. it would take to pull off something like you described in your dream. And what's the payoff? Canada's even colder than Chicago!

Maybe drop the "not having anyplace safe" part into stillness and see what happens. Or let it go.

Wishing you sweet dreams...
--Liz

P.S. In case it wasn't clear, the HHAAA! is the exhale you do when executing a kick or a punch. It just occurred to me that someone might read it very differently and decide I was not being nice at all. Hope I didn't offend.
lots-o-love!

P.P.S. It also occurred to me that I had these dreams shortly after taking up Tae Kwon Do lessons with the kids. I had studied Shotokan Karate in college, and then picked up TKD a couple of years ago. Maybe your brain is just looking at the basement and thinking there's an opportunity there...

Edited by - whippoorwill on Nov 13 2011 6:56:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  8:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You have heard the saying, "One day at a time." My current rule of thumb for precognition is like that: one day in advance at a time.
Go to Top of Page

Torrentula81

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  08:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Reading this made me think about concentration camps. Google concentration camps USA. I'm not wearing a tin hat with drawer full of x files manga but I can honestly see this happening. As people fight against the governement they might fight back.

Flip side is the world is always about to end according to someone and has yet to happen. I would view this as a sign to live life vs living to live. Accept what comes when it comes.

If you had this dream but the plot was winning lotto vs not you'd say its nuts. Well the subject just happened to hit home is all. I still say its nuts. Feel for ya though. I'd be making me some Java after that one.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  08:34:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
the only thing that changed was how we reacted to the stadium collapsing and how we tried to escape.

I am curious if you remember how you reacted differently.
Thinking about it, writing it down, is already paying attention to it but either way I find the more intense dreams to remain in long term memory and to come up, at times randomly.
Thank you sharing.
Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  10:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Would you tell Noah to "let that whole idea of building a ship go"? :P
I feel that something big is coming and we're like entering the phase of the movie where the first real big showdown starts to show.
There IS good and evil (and of course there is beyond) and there IS a system and the system is neither of those. But evil is ruling it and ah look up new world order and ugh I don't really want to write about this here since I don't feel very safe writing about stuff like that on a forum on the internet. I am none of those conspiracy freaks but with this one I am absolutely clear, something is going on. There are many people misinterpreting, there are many people who get visions and there are many people who get their facts straight, it's up to you to find out as much as possible of the right information if you are interested in it.
Anyway there are tons of "informations" and stuff pointing to a huge decrease of population on this planet and you might have been given REALLY important insights. Ofcourse in the end I might be wrong, but I believe in your dream
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  11:32:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Carson,

An awesome clarity of memory after. Probably worth asking a dream analyst or two for comments or possible interpretations.

When my kidz were as small as yours, I dreamt in quite some detail that I was dying, leaving the body, and ascending out to the Universe, several nights.
Happy to say, I'm still alive & well & on-line (no ghostwriter writing my AYP posts , not even on Halloweens )
Death in dreams is most often a symbol of a total transformation, and very few events, if any, can turn one's everyday life upside down as fundamentally as the arrival of the first child.

Looking through the entire "theater" of dreaming, and trying to actively influence the course of the play is IMO (among other things) a conseuence of staying a little active even in long meditations; even when the mind is in a deep relaxation (of one kind or another) and the scenery looks totally messed up, you're still doing what you've trained yourself to do: stay and play, favor the meditation over the scenery - or favor the doing in the dream (over panicking or waking up).

It is possible to influence the dream while we're dreaming, and even to improve this ability by training (daily meditation improves that too, automatically). Therefore, precognitive dreams are a two-way street IMO: as we learn to cope in other states of mind, we run into fewer blind alleys in dreams too (interestingly in your dream, you and your family made your way out, from a series of horrifying threats)

Jung wrote that basements of homes (or of houses of our childhood) symbolize the subconscious in dreams. After your years of yoga practice, the safeheaven down there in your dream sounds partly like a consequence of daily practices (therefore, more than interpreting the basement literally, I'd try to associate more freely to more figurative meanings; more like "explaining" a piece of instrumental music).

Houses according to him often symbolize the body; sometimes (but far from always) I dreamed about a decaying roof just hours before I suffered a sports injury or an infection; like an automatic warning from the body: "pushing myself too hard". Easily neglected when awake - but likely to be listened to when amplified by the metaphors of dreams...

My 2 Swiss (rappen/centimes/centesimi/raps )

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Nov 14 2011 11:43:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  12:14:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Carson,

All my dreams tend to be "post-cognitive". In other words, reflections of existing experiences, memories, and thought constructs. I have had nightmare cycles that repeated several times like this before waking, each time not being able to escape from the dreamscape trap despite growing familiarity with it, until I awoke. My specific nightmares very clearly had nothing to do with reality. One involved a horror psycho fun house filled with an angry pack of gorillas, and each time I was maimed to death, I would respawn in a certain room and have to try to get out, like a video game.

The specific constructs in your dream are very common fears for modern man, great 'food for dreams.' It's probable that your dream just "breathed life" into some worries and obstructions that you are carrying around with you. Things that you're aware of, but don't necessarily want to talk about or think about at the surface. Perhaps it is purification, bringing this to the surface, asking for you to release it.

Below is a pertinent quote from Albert Einstein. His question has become exponentially more important since he asked it many years ago.

"I think the most important question facing humanity is, ‘Is the universe a friendly place?’ This is the first and most basic question all people must answer for themselves.

"For if we decide that the universe is an unfriendly place, then we will use our technology, our scientific discoveries and our natural resources to achieve safety and power by creating bigger walls to keep out the unfriendliness and bigger weapons to destroy all that which is unfriendly—and I believe that we are getting to a place where technology is powerful enough that we may either completely isolate or destroy ourselves as well in this process.

"If we decide that the universe is neither friendly nor unfriendly and that God is essentially ‘playing dice with the universe’, then we are simply victims to the random toss of the dice and our lives have no real purpose or meaning.

"But if we decide that the universe is a friendly place, then we will use our technology, our scientific discoveries and our natural resources to create tools and models for understanding that universe. Because power and safety will come through understanding its workings and its motives."
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  9:40:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. JDH. Great quote there from Albert Einstein.

I'd like to add to the off-topic, "conspiracy" centered part of this thread:
I tend to agree that there is a lot of bad stuff going on, especially at the top of the pyramid. The people running this planet have some serious issues, and yes, maybe it will result in atrocities in the near future.
But please remember, that all of that stuff is mind/ego centered, and it will fall apart of its own accord. Nobody has to "stop" the evil people... they will stop themselves.
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2011 :  4:28:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

Purification - but of a different sort. The ego (your identified self) is being threatened by your sadhana. Tidal waves, Earthquakes, War - all presage impending metaphorical death of the identified self.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000