Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 what is this electric current?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Torrentula81

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  4:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone. I'm just now starting to get into yoga. So I've started my reading with spinal breathing and deep meditation but I have a long time lingering question. As long I can remember I have been able to create an electric like current over my body. Like tingling waves that start from my back and quickly spreads to the rest of my body. Mainly legs, top of my head, face, and main portion of my body. I can do it effortlessly pretty much any time.

Am I suppose to superseded this during my breathing exercises and focus or use it? I really need to put a name to this so I can do some research. Does anyone know what this is called in different types of yoga? So far I guess ayp calls it ecstatic electricity or something. What is it for? Any help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  5:20:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Torrentula

I played around with energy exercises before AYP and I could move energy around my body. I would say this is Prana - energy. Ecstatic Conductivity is something else - I can't move it around with my mind, it just happens of its own accord (I'm just speaking for myself here so I could be wrong).

So, when you are doing your spinal breathing, just follow the instructions. You might feel the energy moving up and down your spine, in that case it should make the SB practice easier to do. Even though it is really easy anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Torrentula81

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  05:01:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found http://www.aypsite.org/113.html

" When prana moves in evolutionary ways in the nervous system it produces vibrations that we experience as overwhelming pleasure. Ecstasy is the goddess moving in us. Ecstasy emanates from an awakened kundalini, which we know comes from our sexual energy, our great storehouse of prana."

The hunt continues. Piece this one by one.
Go to Top of Page

Torrentula81

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  3:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Forget the above. Can't figure out what something is if ayp writings aren't descriptive. Reading info on here and technical info elsewhere they are both accurate. Ayp really does simplify things. Really. I see it as good thing. Think I found what it isfrom Wikipedia.

"Nadis are thought to carry a life force energy known as prana in Sanskrit, or qi in Chinese-based systems. In particular prana (active) is supposed to circulate inside Pingala, while apana (passive) is supposed to circulate inside Ida. Inside Sushuma is supposed to circulate kundalini when awakened."

I think its just the prana on the left and right sides spreading to body. I don't know. Writings include fluffy words broad ideas where a descriptive paragraph like this is needed. Probly covered in advanced yoga material and I'm not there yet. But searching this site. It gives overall summed up ideas but not enough to relate it to myexperience. Instill might be wrong, lol. Enough ranting. Ill just have to use multiple sources for info.

Edited by - Torrentula81 on Nov 14 2011 3:38:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  3:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To confuse you further I have read that prana moves upwards and apana moves downwards.

That's why I don't bother much with theory. I just stick to practices.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  9:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Torrentula,

I would recommend that you continue to use your "electrical current". The tingling waves are the same as "Ecstatic Conductivity". Moving it is fine, but I would suggest that you try "opening" yourself to it and letting the waves wash over you. Also, maybe see if you can notice where it is hard to make it go (or skips).

Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2011 :  9:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Torrentula81
...tingling waves that start from my back and quickly spreads to the rest of my body..

yes

quote:
I can do it effortlessly pretty much any time

nice!

quote:
Am I suppose to superseded this during my breathing exercises and focus or use it?

the advice of many here would be to treat the manifestations of this bliss energy as scenery and continue with your mantra/breath/yoga practice

yes, this is very good advice

but you know, if you feel some intuition about this energy in yourself perhaps it's worth exploring further

my own experience is the AYAM mantra meditation helps me 'let go' of tangled energy clusters that are discovered while moving that electric energy thru my bodies.. well, kerchari helps also =)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000