AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Disturbing bliss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Darko

21 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  03:41:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey Sangha,

I have a question regarding this strong occurrence of bliss and centeredness produced by deep meditation and spinal breathing. It feels to me as it is in some way "disturbing". It is "there" (here?) almost all the time as a product of the daily practice. But after a while it feels like "I do not want to feel this permanently!". Do you know what I mean? It feels like...

... (pure me) + (some thing which i feel all the time)...

Eventually I always want to get rid of it and stop my daily practice.
So what can I do to handle this better? Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Br,
Darko

Edited by - Darko on Nov 08 2011 04:32:47 AM

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  06:47:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Darko

I have felt this also. It's is like you are getting sick of feeling blissful! To someone else it is a strange thing to be sick of. But it isn't.

As it has been said the blissful side is still kundalini moving through your nervous system it's just well... blissful! I guess it is no different to experiencing symptoms of pain or irratability. Both taken to extreme are not nice. So from my experience I just cut my practice times down and took up exercise until I was comfortable.

Take care
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  08:19:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Darko and Woosa:

"Bliss and centeredness" are characteristics of transcendent pure bliss consciousness, and generally would not be experienced as a thing apart from our sense of self.

If these are experienced as something separate rather than an innate aspect of "pure me," then they would be more of the realm of ecstatic energy, which can be experienced as a thing apart, at least until a merging of inner silence and ecstasy occurs.

That is the way the terminology is used in AYP anyway. Not that terminology matters so much. What matters is your purification and opening and your motivation to continue the process.

Here are a couple of lessons that might be helpful, from the point of view of the terminology just described:

Bliss, Ecstasy, and Divine Love -- http://www.aypsite.com/113.html

Divine Ecstasy – Is That All There Is? -- http://www.aypsite.com/258.html

The journey is in the merging, which comes over time as we integrate inner silence ("pure me") with arising ecstatic energy in our daily activity. This results in an endless divine outpouring, which we have also called "stillness in action." It has also been called the transition from dual to non-dual perception of life, or Unity.

Whatever it is called, I do not think the dual aspect of it experienced along the way can be avoided, so the suggestion is to just walk on through. In doing so, you may find yourself giving your bliss and ecstasy away in service to others, which is also very grounding. This is a clear symptom/cause of the merging.

Good things are happening. All the best!

The guru is in you.

PS: AumNaturel, we posted at the same time. Yes, bhakti (spiritual desire) is at the heart of it. This lesson was tweeted this morning, on the natural shift in bhakti from dual to non-dual, gradually resolving the "pure me" vs "other" issue -- http://www.aypsite.com/391.html
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  08:20:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I might relate to this too, though in my case I would call it a sense of bhakti that is just there, though more rare than how you describe it. Over here, the centeredness and mental silence that come with it are always welcomed as a big natural relief from the constant mental drifting and noise. So my sense of appreciation comes from knowing that the alternative is much worse if the mind is left to run its course, and in one way or another, it will lead to more openings and personal change eventually. As woosa also suggested, grounding might help keep it in check.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  08:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As you grow your "bubble of silence" through steady practices, you often bump up against obstructions. These mind attachments (or energy obstructions) may be what you are noticing and making you feel uncomfortable.

Steady practices are like growing your exercise routine. New found muscles can be painful as you first start working them.

Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  08:50:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all

Sorry I wasn't very clear with the terms. What I should have said instead of bliss should have been ecstatic energy! I had a period of that and it has mellowed down with silence. (And I thought I had problems with Sanskrit! ). Yogani has made things a lot clearer.

Yeah it's weird this giving out to people. I don't get out much because of not having a job, so when I do leave my pit and go to the supermarket I get in quite a blissful state; I feel energy flowing outwards from the heart. I better get a job soon or else I will be hanging around the supermarket in a reverie looking like a weirdo... police will be called... etc etc.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2011 :  10:17:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From my experience, there are 2 sides to this path, one is the stillness/bliss (Shiva), one is the energy/ecstasy (Shakti). In AYP, we do practices that cover both aspects of this path to come to a point of balance between the two. If we meditate too much, we get drawn inward and too much of that makes us, depressed, lethargic and/or blissed out, living from a bubble. When we do too many energy practices we get high on energy (like running on 10 cups of coffee) and can result in feeling angry or irritated and/or living from ecstasy.

The idea is to find the sweet spot by adjusting practices. Not micromanaging every session, but finding a routine that will help us be full of energy during the day and yet be still through it... that is what Yogani calls ecstatic bliss... the perfect blend of ecstasy(energy) and bliss(stillness).

So Darko, maybe look into your practice routine and add some energy practices to it if you are not already doing so, along with the meditation. Or if you have been doing energy practices, cut back on meditation time. It is not a all or nothing, it is finding a balance... and each one has his/her own comfort zone... the trick is to find your own. Then you wont have to give up on practices, just tweak it so it works for you.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Darko

21 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  09:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the answers! I will try to bring in more balance and self pacing in the practice.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  10:59:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Shanti...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000