Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Alternate ways to speed up purification?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vayu

USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  10:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings everyone, I am/have been following lesson 366 for under-sensitive meditators for the last few months and still nothing. Are there additional practices(preferably mantra/meditation or pranayama/breathing based) along with my current AYP practice(SBP + DM 40 mins 2x daily) that I can take up to speed things up?

For example, can performing Deep Meditation with the Gayatri mantra speed up purification? It has more syllables; so would that provide a wide sweeping action? What about simply doing japa with either the Gayatri mantra or OM along with mala beads?

sidenote: i only mention the gayatri/om mantra as an example because i read in one of the lessons that the full AYP mantra is not recommended to be used outside the baseline AYP practices(for japa, etc) to keep it potent.

Edited by - Vayu on Nov 02 2011 10:10:55 PM

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2011 :  11:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my reply on a related topic

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....=10385#89260
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  12:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I must confess I am not undersensitive, but when all this began for me, I went through a period of brahmacharya, preserving sexual energies - which now seems like it was a kickstart.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2011 :  08:11:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Vayu,

A few questions... What do you feel you are missing? How often do you feel the vibrations during your normal day? And, have you ever checked out this thread by Shanti?

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3489

Go to Top of Page

Vayu

USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  3:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone, thank you all for your replies.

Nearoanoke, Im trying to do the same thing too: instead of just adding more and more DM and SBP, Im looking out for other techniques I can add on to baseline AYP.

JDH, I too noticed that right after losing the essences, the overall energy level of the whole body goes down in a subtle way and takes several days to reach that same high level again. So, I too am trying to practice brahmacharya. The body feels more balanced in the long run.

Jeff, it feels like I have gotten stuck in a plateau that may be 1 feet higher than how i was a year ago. Now, I can maintain the gap between 2 thoughts for maybe 4-5 seconds(a year ago, it might have been half a second). But there is no bliss from the silence that is said to come from meditation, etc; just regular silence. Just feels like a blank, black screen. And Im certain that this isn't the actual silence/samadhi people report in the forum. In terms of vibrations, I don't feel it in the day unless I consciously try to feel it; and even what is felt is not even intense or anything.

While doing SBP, only the first few cycles feel as if they were proper. As I do more and more cycles, it feels as it the strength of awareness with with SBP is being done is becoming less and less. Almost as if its being done casually. Like trying to study while watching TV at the same time(as in, totally ineffective).

Same thing is happening with DM: the process goes smoothly/properly for maybe the first couple minutes. Then, I just get lost and completely forget what Im supposed to do. Even if I remember that I should come back to the mantra, I might be back for a few seconds until im lost again. So its as if Im daydreaming 95% of the time and coming back to the mantra 5% of the time. After I end DM, I pretty much just want to go to sleep since it pretty much feels like I had been simply sleeping while sitting for the last 20 minutes and need to get more.

I think one reason may be because when It was warmer outside, I could go jog about 2 miles every weekday. The whole AYP practice was great at that time. Now, its pretty cold and I haven't been able to jog for a while. Maybe thats why the freshness is gone from the practice?

Edited by - Vayu on Nov 06 2011 3:46:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2011 :  6:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Vayu,

Don't discount the value of the silence that you are already able to create. Often the "bliss" that many feel, seems greater because of the relative change from all of the "noise" that they used to have in their mind. You started from a pretty quiet beginning point. Try looking at your emotions... When was the last time you got really angry?

On the recommendation front... Take a look at Shanti's thread described above. See if you can learn to "create" the energy. Play with it whenever you have a free moment during the day.

Go to Top of Page

Vayu

USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  9:31:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see. Thank you Jeff.

And about the technique that Shanti speaks about, I came across that thread a long time ago and it was a great technique for me on first try. But I have forgotten to keep practicing it every now and then. Though I haven't felt bliss from it, I do feel vibrations. I am definitely going to take it up again. Thank you for letting me come the across it once again. Just what I needed .

By the way, is there any relationship between goosebumps/chills vs prana and kundalini? For example, while trying the above technique, I was just cycling through several thoughts that might work well for the technique. Some are exciting in a subtle way and some are exciting in a die-hard way which induce goosebumps, similar to when i see or listen to something amazing. Such goosebumps take about a second to spread throughout the body and its as if the awareness is active in the whole body for maybe 2 seconds and fades away. Its kinda like doing SBP, but doing it throughout the whole body simultaneously(as in, no tracing) and lasting only few seconds.

So does having goosebumps indirectly cause prana to flow? And are such thoughts good candidates for the technique given by Shanti?

Thanks again!

Edited by - Vayu on Nov 07 2011 10:10:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2011 :  10:27:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You have a very good "feel" for it. As you practice, you will probably find that you can just skip the thought and directly open to the energy (or goosebumps). Also, the feeling refines over time.

Go to Top of Page

Vayu

USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2011 :  10:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeff, I have been trying the technique and it feels very much like my understanding of AYP's samyama. Since my DM hasn't been great lately, I tried using this technique to start DM and i think its working again! So, I think starting at that fainter level from the very beginning is helping me more than starting at a distinct level. I should also mention that I downgraded from the 3rd enhancement to the original "I am" mantra temporarily and its going much smoother now(I didn't get lost as much as I used to). Thank you!

Also, which of these cases would yield the most purification?
1. total time spent lost (example: mantra was lost 1 time, and time spent lost was 19mins out of 20min DM)
2. number of times the mantra was lost (example: mantra was lost 100 times, and total time spent lost was only 5-10 min out of 20 min DM)
3. being with the mantra the whole time; never losing it in the whole 20min DM
4. vibrations from the mantra(as in, 1. 2. 3. doesn't really matter at all since the mantra vibration is doing all the work in the background the whole time)
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2011 :  10:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Vayu,

Glad to hear that things are working out. Also, your purification choices brought a smile to my face.

I would have to say "5. All and none of the above." Whatever you are experiencing in the moment,is right for the moment. Purification is not linear, but infinitely dimensional. Seemingly random life events can lead to major openings (purification). As an example, recently a simple conversation with a kind and loving woman led to an opening that had me crying like a baby (worth more purification than 1000 hours of DM or SB ).

If you are looking for general suggestions... I would recommend to spend as much time as possible focused in the moment and also play with the energy a little. It is your friend in the purification process.

Love &
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000