Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Can the path to enligtenment change ppl bad?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2006 :  4:15:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

Yes, everything is perfect right now. This is an essential ingredient in:
Loving everybody right now
Forgiving everybody right now
Accepting everybody right now.

I'd say that's backwards. You don't notice the perfection in order to make progress in your loving, forgiving, and accepting. Once you notice the perfection, those things happen automatically as side effects.

The perfection's the thing. Or, more accurately, fixing the absurd failure to notice the perfection (which is what creates, in the first place, situations wherein you have need to forgive and accept) is the thing.

Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2006 :  10:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think Louis has got it backwards at all.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2006 :  04:11:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'd say that's backwards. You don't notice the perfection in order to make progress in your loving, forgiving, and accepting. Once you notice the perfection, those things happen automatically as side effects.

The perfection's the thing. Or, more accurately, fixing the absurd failure to notice the perfection (which is what creates, in the first place, situations wherein you have need to forgive and accept) is the thing.

It's obviously backwards for you Jim, but for me, sometimes I see it one way and other times from the other direction.

Speaking of side effect, my view is that noticing the perfection, forgiving, accepting, loving, are all side effects of the experiencing of love out of stillness and how our every thought and deed are permeated with this, if only I had it more often, but that's perfect too

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2006 :  06:34:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Holy Perfection:

"The awareness that Reality is a process, moving with direction and purpose. Within this movement each moment is connected by the process with the one goal, and thus is perfect" (- Ichazo, 1972)

Almaas says:
"Perfection, as the ego understands it, is determined by measuring reality, inner and outer, against some ideal or standard of how things are supposed to be. The criteria for this judgement may vary from person to person, but for everyone, this quest for perfection is the cause of much of our internal striving. This is not perfection at all but rather, perfectionism." (- A.H.Almaas:Facets of Unity)

It is impossible to describe Reality without breaking it down into persepctives. To describe the apple I am eating right now, I have to tell you something about the color, the shape, the taste etc. But in order to fully perceive it, the apple must be eaten. By you.

That is what we are doing, isn't it? Eating apples ?

May all your Nows be Here
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2006 :  7:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, I think I've found another title for Yogani: The Mr Rogers of Meditation.

He could have his own show where he puts on his sneakers and cardigan and goes over a chapter with us. I haven't figured out where the trolley ride goes, but there's time to work out the details.

-Yoda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000