Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Sensitivity to practices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kvelan

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  10:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit kvelan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I have been keeping up with DM and SBP for years now. It has been an enjoyable process and I have been keeping up twice daily practices.

But about a yr ago, in the interest of self pacing, I cut back my practices: 5 mins SBP and 10 mins DM, followed by 6 mins Samyama. (and rest 5 mins). I apply siddhasana while sitting.

Compare that with when I started out with 10m SBP 20m DM and 5m samyama, years ago.

Now its just impossible for me to ratchet up practice times. Even increasing DM alone to 15m leads to excessive energy.

I have been using yogani's "solar centering" approach, which has helped alleviate head pressures and center energy around the mid heart-navel area. But now, on occasions that i overdo, there is too much energy in my spine, precisely the location behind the "centering" zone. It gets uncomfortable.

But when i keep a lid on the time limits, everything goes great. I usually completely lose myself in that 10mins- no sense of time or space. Was I sleeping? I don't know and I don't mind. The results are nothing like what one would get from sleeps.

But I do wonder at times.. is this all? Or can I do more?

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Thanks!

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  04:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kvelan,

your post reminds me of my practice. I also started off with 20 minutes of meditation, 10 minutes of SBP, then i added samyama, siddhasana and other mudras and bandhas. The first year or so was amazing, full of insights and miracles. I knew that I'm doing well in my practice, because I evolved so evidently.
Then problems with energy arrived in my sitting. I began to experience intense disturbing emotions alongside with strong kriyas. First I thought I can go through and that it will simply pass when I endure. This was not the case. I had to gradually cut back on practices until I discovered, that I can do only meditation and samyama. No pranayama, no mudras or bandhas.
The signs of development are gone now. My life became ordinary to the point, that when I go to the AYP forum and read around what people are talking about, I cannot relate.

And now I'm often asking the same question: Is this all? Or can I do more?

Thanks for opening this topic.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  04:46:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
there is nothing constant on the spiritual path ,one adds or reduces practices and duration of practices according to the change in overload level...and it is clear that both of you passed by an overload period...
just keep the time frame that suits you and makes you feel confortable during practice and when going out in daily activities

both of you are devloping deeper inner silence which explains why the external fireworks are now less...dont worry ...so a statment like
" My life became ordinary" is incorrect because your are changing and expanding within,expanssion of inner silence...

check this lesson
http://www.aypsite.org/258.html

hope this helps
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000