Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Difference between Samyama and Deep meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  02:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In Deep meditation, we gently introduce the 'I AM' mantra slowly into the mind.. In my case, it just sinks into silence and there is no mantra or thought in a short time. Then I fuzzily touch upon I AM again and again - used to continue this way for 20 mins and I felt the silence drawn into my daily activities.

Now...this almost seems like Samyama, or what is the difference between the two?

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  02:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chitananda,

In samyama practice, you are picking up the faint meaning of each sutra, and letting that go into silence for 15 seconds. Each sutra is used twice.

In mantra meditation there is no focus on the meaning of the mantra, just the sound or vibration. And there is no deliberate letting go into silence although that may happen automatically.
Go to Top of Page

chit-ananda51

India
127 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  03:01:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much Christi for the quick reply.

I noticed the below discussion while scanning earlier posts and also understood the finer points which was mentioned by Yogani.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=10420

http://www.aypsite.org/366.html

Love and bliss!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000