Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 The Usefullness of Om and the Higher Frequencies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KundaNewb

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  8:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Om'ing feels nice, like I'm receiving a much-overdue brain massage, caressing the center from my pp glands to my ajna as I Om from low to high. Is there any harm in turning up the frequency (pitch) to maximum and until I'm out of breath and then encouraging the vibe energy to continue to increase on it's own into infinity? Or, are high frequencies unhealthy or dangerous?

What is the practical use of this "brain massage" (forgive my laymen's term)? Is it just for general healthy invigoration of the neurons?

Since I feel the vibes primarily along the midline of the brain where the corpus colossum is, does that mean this practice will enhance inter-hemispheric communication?

Is there some benefit to Om'ing at specific frequencies before certain everyday tasks, or to prepare you for your day ahead depending on what is on your schedule? For instance, is a relatively high frequency good prior to intense cerebral tasks such as tests or reading complex subjects while low freq's are good for relaxation?

If you were preparing to run the 40-yard dash, which frequency would you choose, if any?

Thanks!

Edited by - KundaNewb on Oct 24 2011 8:56:53 PM

KundaNewb

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2011 :  3:21:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nobody?
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2011 :  08:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The "brain massage" is not harmful, but depending on the overall purification level, it can create some issues. Focusing only on the brain, without balancing the rest of the lower body (or chakras) can create a sense of detachment or spaceyness.

Different frequencies resonate with different parts of the body/mind. Can you notice the places where the energy does not flow?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000