Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Eye pain during DM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JonnyFire

Italy
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  2:01:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello ppl this is my 1st, i have read DM book and started practice this summer,starting a few weekd ago,
when i become distacted from the stream of thoughts and i gently favour the mantra
the eyes becomes somehow "bended" to the mind, the more i try to stay foucused the more eyes turns heavily on the sides or up.
Consequently there's incoming pain that kind drop me off meditation,

second little q, i find it way easy to syncronize the iam mantra with breathing(the book doesn't reccomend it) am i doing so wrong ^

thaanxx

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  2:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
HI Jonny, welcome to the forum!

When your attention is strongly drawn to the eyes, don't fight it, don't try to "correct" them. maybe staying with them for a moment till you feel comfortable and then go back to mantra. No force, nor need to "focus", just be easy with it.

Depends on where your eyes go, if they go toward the center between the two brows, that can be a spontaneous sambhavi.

When you find your attention is on If you syncronize the two, then, gently go back to mantra. again, don't try to resist it, that only make it worse.

hope this helps:)

Phil
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  2:25:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ps, Jonny, you should read the online lessons, if you haven't, many of your questions are answered there. There is a topic index.
Go to Top of Page

JonnyFire

Italy
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  9:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanxx!
I feel like eyes are pushing tto the edges like they want to come out if orbits to follow the mantra

you mean the lesson 13? i'm starting now to read it i have read only the book until now
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  12:15:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not just that lesson. But there are almost 500 hundred lessons, a lot of the problems are dressed in these lessons. So, you'd benefit a lot by reading all of them. The breathing question, for example, is addressed in http://aypsite.org/106.html
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  01:56:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
i have read only the book until now

dont worry we all started from scratch....
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2011 :  6:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...and all the unread lessons are like treasures waiting to be uncovered...

oh, and welcome to the forums
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  04:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
the eyes becomes somehow "bended" to the mind, the more i try to stay foucused the more eyes turns heavily on the sides or up.
Consequently there's incoming pain that kind drop me off meditation,

Hi Jonny,

and welcome to the forums

I'd just like to add that if there is considerable discomfort or even pain, don't hesitate to back off on time and/or intensity of practice. By intensity I mean trying hard. Don be afraid to experiment with shorter times the 20 minutes, It's an exploration and we have enough time to find our optimum

Pain is not supposed to help us any further in DM.

Edited by - mimirom on Oct 28 2011 05:22:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

JonnyFire

Italy
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  1:07:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i have suspended DM for that week because of the eyes,
i kind of replaced it with long shavasana after my daily practice,

it's really strange that i feel relaxed in the same way after, these are 2 completely different practices

in shavasana when it comes to the head i can easily relax my eyes within relaxing the head&shoulders region
Go to Top of Page

JonnyFire

Italy
5 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  8:51:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello, i want to reintroduce DM in my life, so i read more well the DM book, i found a passaga that says:

"A few of us may experience more acute physical discomfort from time to time in the form of extreme restlessness, or even pain somewhere in the body. If any such sensation omes up and we find we are unable to easily return to the mantra, then we just let go of the process and let our attention reside with the discomfort we feel inside. Our attention will naturally be drawn to the area of discomfort. When it is, we just let it reside there without judging or focusing on the sensation. We let the
attention be there naturally. If the discomfort is due to inner purification it will often unwind within a few minutes. After it does, we will be able to easily pick up the mantra again and continue our meditation"

actually the pain is not due to any phisical illness i've nothing in the eyes&head region, it's more like "tension"
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2012 :  8:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
At times our eyes naturally goes into shambhavi mudra. http://www.aypsite.org/56.html
Maybe that is what is happening to you? I used to have a lot of eye pain in the beginning, but that was because i was forcing my eyes upward toward the third eye. If you feel this is what is causing it, maybe consciously relax your eyes and see if that helps.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000