Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Ajna sensation split and moving behind eyes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KundaNewb

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  11:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi. Would anyone by chance know what will happen or if there is any use of guiding the ajna sensation between the eye brows to behind the eyes?

I noticed by chance that the usual sensation was split into two sensation and each were under a ridge of my upper eye sockets... close to the upper eye lids. So, I thought, what the heck, and guided them to be behind the eyes. I don't know if this is useful for anything, but I fantasized about activating my 3rd eye or seeing something spectacular.

Should I continue this?

Sincerely

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 20 2011 11:34:33 PM

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  03:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you read the lesson on shambavi?
http://www.aypsite.org/56.html

Have you seen this image?
http://iasos.com/artists/alexgrey/Praying-2.jpg

My shambavi practice has been enhanced lately by studying that Alex Grey image. What I am doing seems kind of close to what you are experimenting with.

Edited by - bewell on Oct 21 2011 03:24:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

KundaNewb

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  03:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

Have you read the lesson on shambavi?
http://www.aypsite.org/56.html

Have you seen this image?
http://iasos.com/artists/alexgrey/Praying-2.jpg

My shambavi practice has been enhanced lately by studying that Alex Grey image. What I am doing seems kind of close to what you are experimenting with.

Are you saying that you have a split sensation, or two ajna sensations too?

Thanks again for that ref. Seems like a single-pointed focus may be "the point." I was kind of thinking that maybe the split sensations behind the eyes might actually the their origin (during normal sight) rather than a new destination.

I"m a huge fan of Alex Grey and have had similar visions as he BEFORE I ever saw any of his work with the use of salvia divinorum.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  3:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We are talking about "activating the 3rd eye." The point of Shambavi has to do with activating 3rd eye as part of the larger process of opening the whole spinal channel. Yogani writes of the physical eyes, plural, serving a an energetic function in stimulating the spinal channel, and with that, cultivating an inner seeing:

"The eyes are physically going there, but our attention is going up and down in the spinal nerve. In fact, our physical eyes aren’t doing anything other than muscular. When they are going up to the point between the eyebrows, the eyes are physically stimulating the spinal nerve all the way back through the brain and all the way down through the spine to the perineum. We are using our eyes in a physical way to awaken the spinal nerve. Meanwhile, our vision (attention) is in and through the spinal nerve, easily going up and down inside. It is a new kind of seeing we are beginning, an inner seeing."

You can follow your own intuition, and see all kinds of inner energy channels. I have done that. It can be fun. But for promoting long term growth, and for finding a community were we speak the same energetic language, my approach is to do the work according to AYP.

Edited by - bewell on Oct 21 2011 3:15:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  6:41:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kundanewb,

There can be all kinds of sensations associated with the opening of the third eye. At times it can seem like the energy splits into two, or more aspects. At other times there can be flashing lights, or the sensation of a butterfly beating it's wings. The forehead can be pulled towards the centre of the brain, and the physical eyes can be affected in various ways.

It is important not to get caught up in the game of chasing the sensations. It doesn't lead to faster progress, and can become a distraction on the path. I don't know what your practice is at the moment, but if you are not practicing it yet, then the most powerful method of awakening the third eye is Spinal Breathing Pranayama (see link on left... lesson 41). With this method, it makes no difference what the energy is doing, or where it is moving, the basic practice is the same. It is the practice which opens the third eye, not the scenery happening arround it.

All the best

Christi
Go to Top of Page

KundaNewb

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  3:44:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Kundanewb,

There can be all kinds of sensations associated with the opening of the third eye. At times it can seem like the energy splits into two, or more aspects. At other times there can be flashing lights, or the sensation of a butterfly beating it's wings. The forehead can be pulled towards the centre of the brain, and the physical eyes can be affected in various ways.

It is important not to get caught up in the game of chasing the sensations. It doesn't lead to faster progress, and can become a distraction on the path. I don't know what your practice is at the moment, but if you are not practicing it yet, then the most powerful method of awakening the third eye is Spinal Breathing Pranayama (see link on left... lesson 41). With this method, it makes no difference what the energy is doing, or where it is moving, the basic practice is the same. It is the practice which opens the third eye, not the scenery happening arround it.

All the best

Christi

Thanks Christi.

Please tell me, if I touch my finger to my Ajna, does the energy signal from the physical sensation travel to my pineal/pituitary glands?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  06:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi KundaNewb,

Yes, the physical location of the ajna chakra (centre of forehead) is connected to both the pituitary and pineal glands through the subtle body. So touching one place will have an effect on the others. The degree to which this physical connection is observable will depend on the degree of purification of the subtle body.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000