Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Sounds and To Dare To Taste
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  1:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi

For those of you who have showed interest in the 3 CD's that was made in Canada before the Ontario AYP retreat this summer, here are 4 samples on YouTube and also a link to my website where further downloads and hard copies are now available.

The three CD's are:

SOUNDS: Flute, Voice, Kilkoy Harp and Irish Low Whistle
To Dare To Taste: Recording of the texts written between 1996 and 2004, shared at the Kripalu and Toronto AYP retreats
Å Tørre å Smake: The Norwegian original of the texts described above

Carson:
Thank you so much for your lovely studio space, presence and technical knowhow and for engineering/mastering the tapes so beautifully. Prior to the recording I spent 2 weeks on an island in the Oslo fjord to prepare - a single retreat full of silence and music. The whole process was such a beautiful gift and it was an honor to work with you.

Yogani:
Thank you for putting AYP out there for me to learn from, for years of growth, and for all the unfoldings that are made possible because of the fact of existence.

http://katrinekristiansen.com/music...-by-katrine/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC79eVmj3ZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ETawPNMnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F19_OJIgc6w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnXYNAZnzIk

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  10:04:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I listened. Full of gratitude. Life, sigh.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  10:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful, Katrine! I listened to the English then the Norwegian. I love the sound of your language.
Go to Top of Page

jasis

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2011 :  10:54:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Katrine,

I listened to the samples. Wonderful and pure sounds and words so so true. My heart is touched. What a great start to the day

Thank-you

Edited by - jasis on Oct 16 2011 11:07:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2011 :  10:50:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Loved it, Katerine! Best to you.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  03:27:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bewell, Ether, Jasis and Lizmoran

Thank you - I am glad you enjoyed it
Go to Top of Page

devrim

Thailand
33 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  09:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit devrim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sounds of slience..... nice one katrina
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  09:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine

quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Carson:
Thank you so much for your lovely studio space, presence and technical knowhow and for engineering/mastering the tapes so beautifully. Prior to the recording I spent 2 weeks on an island in the Oslo fjord to prepare - a single retreat full of silence and music. The whole process was such a beautiful gift and it was an honor to work with you.

It was an honor to work with you as well and it was really great to get to spend a whole week with you here in Calgary.

Glad you are happy with the final product..... it would have been nice to have more time to "polish" it, but I think it turned out well all things considered.

Love!

P.S. I like the cover art
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2011 :  7:32:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine!!

Heard some of this at the retreat and it was amazing! Imbued with Silence can't wait to download the whole thing

Much Love
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  02:57:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Devrim, Carson and Parallax

Parallax, just contact me for the download. Or wait until I see you in March (if that will be the case?) for the Kripalu retreat. I'll bring hard copies with me then :)

quote:
Glad you are happy with the final product..... it would have been nice to have more time to "polish" it, but I think it turned out well all things considered.

Love!

P.S. I like the cover art

I am very happy about the unpolished result Carson - it feels authentic and that leaves me quiet.....:)
The cover art......yes, I painted that during my time in Dublin. The piano was my easel - and the harbour outside my window in Dun Laoghaire brought the inspiration. I used to wake up at night.....watching the ocean. When painting....there was no motive...it was like the poems....the image slowly came into view as the brush strokes uncovered it. Then, after the recording, it turned out John's son-in-law is a printer and it is he who printed the covers for the CD's. The whole project has been like that....full of gifts.
When I see you in Los Angeles I'll bring the hard copy for you too...he he....so you can see the final result of your generosity :)

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  07:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a piano in Dublin with paint spots on the keys?
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  08:19:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether

quote:
Is there a piano in Dublin with paint spots on the keys?

Yes, but I sold it before leaving Just kidding! (I sold it paint free..he he......I would always close the cover before painting)
It was a perfect easel....the music sheet stand on that piano :)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  8:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000