Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Practice Builds Up?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  3:56:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ey all..

There is something I am not quite sure yet..

Let's say you are a guy who is never calm.. always nervous.. full of anxiety.. getting everyday headaches.. and not feeling "free" "open" with himself mental and physical..

Now let's say you are doing the Powerful Sat Kriya everyday.. whenever you practice you will feel very good and strong and energetic with you're self and might even experience kundalini energy movements through you're body.. let's say this feeling will last only the first 30 min.. but afterwards the whole day you feel again the negative feelings I described on top..

My real question is.. the more you practice Pranayama or the sat kriya you're body gets stronger and kundalini energy gets more movements through the body and at some point when you stop practicing the feeling of bliss and just feeling good with your self and this whole kundalini energy movements through you're body last more and more through the day without practicing?

EDIT: If I practice but I don't experience any energetic feelings during my practices.. does progress still builds up?

Edited by - Ichigo on Oct 14 2011 4:03:25 PM

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2011 :  4:52:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Energy Practices are not even half part of the story. Deep Meditation or any other practice that builds the "Stillness" or "Inner Silence" is the essential ingredient for enlightenment.

I would suggest you take a look at Deep Meditation lesson and add it if you are not doing so already

http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

About your other questions, as you practice more you will see experiences happen throughout the day instead of just the practice time. Progress still builds up no matter how the practice feels. Anxiety and other things are reduced mainly through Deep Meditation and I am afraid just energy practices alone cannot help with such things

- Near
Go to Top of Page

Ichigo

Israel
66 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  09:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When you say Experience we talk about this whole kundalini energy movements, vibrations and orgasmic feeling through the body?

What is actually the difference between Energy Practices and Deep Meditation for example.. what benefits does energy practices give then deep meditation? because I always though that when the energy is balanced the mind gets balanced too in a way..

Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2011 :  10:53:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ichigo,

Experience is not limited to ecstatic conductivity but also other symptoms as a result of ongoing purification, which may range from the pleasurable to the downright troublesome. Those who have actually experienced this may be able to tell you more about it.

As nearoanoke said, deep meditation uncovers the inner silence which is essential. A good example that helped me understand this is in the accounts of author JJ Semple. He described how he just sat in silence, employing very few Energy Practices (soft silent long abdominal breathing, faint third eye awareness with focus on lower abdomen) when seemingly out of nowhere, he began to sense his breathing moving in a very tactile way. It wasn't that he deliberately tried to feel for this movement, but its direct perception emerged out of the inner silence. All of these elements already exist in AYP, just arranged differently for effectiveness and safety.

It's a two-way street between mind and energy balancing each other out.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000