Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Navi Kriya During Spinal Breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  07:04:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear all,

I would appreciate some guidance with this one. I have added Navi Kriya to my practices and felt that doing it during Spinal Breathing Pranayama would be best as it would not add extra time to my overall practice time...like this.. breath in, trace spinal nerve to third eye; breath out trace spinal nerve back to root; breath out completely, abdominal life, keep mulabandha and sambhavi mudra, start navi kriya (10x, 1 sec pacing), then breath in for the next round of spinal breathing, navi kriya after breath out, like that for 10 rounds of spinal breathing. Then I just keep with SB until my 10 mins is up.

Is that the right way to integrate navi kriya with spinal breathing?

Many thanks

Sey

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  04:12:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok I have been doing this for a week now and here are my findings. SB becomes much smoother. I no longer experience breath cessation which usually happens by the 4th breath of SB with energy flow (and the silence it brings) taking over. Breath keeps flowing nice and easy. Is that temporary? I don't know. I now know what Yogani meant when using the words just an "intention" rather than a physical act when describing how to do sambhavi mudra and mulabhanda. With Navi Kriya, these have naturally re-fined themselves to exactly that - an intention. I also find myself, for the first time, feeling energized rather than tired after my practices. Cool. DM after that, however, remains light and on the surface. But then I haven't gone deep with DM for many many months now. As recommended I try to accept each sitting as it is, although I'd started wondering if I'd become under-sensitive. Esp. after trying to spice it up with Yoni mudra kumbakha - zilch. Then I tried chin pump (still doing that one), again nothing much.

I am feeling a little lost as to where I am now (milestone-wise). My practices have been boring for months - nothing happening. I do not seem to experience the Witness as I did at first - is it gone or have I gotten use to its presence? Or has it changed form? I am indeed much more self-aware in my thoughts, words and actions. Inner silence is also not there as I used to feel it; this wonderful heavy feeling /presence inside yet I am so much more compassionate and I love people in a way I have never loved before. I love so much, it hurts. I let go more easily and remain more and more un-ruffled by the daily challenges of life. So basically, I see something in my daily life but absolutely nothing during my practices. Why am I complaining? Because it's boring and harder to motivate myself to sit through them.

Oh and I've been practicising AYP for 5 yrs now.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  02:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have decided to drop everything and go back to base - been doing that for the past week. That is: sit in sidhasana, do SB with mulabhanda and sambhavi (these go automatically together)for 10 mins, do 25 mins DM simply with AYAM (no enhancement), finish with samyama and rest. Anything else seem to makes my practices "too busy" and I stay in my mind instead of silence.

I hope I regain my sense of steady progress soon.

I have noticed something which I will share, although it may be all in my mind. When I first started with AYP, I saw "signs" - I had a spirit animal. I had wonderfully, weird dreams, very symbolic. I enjoyed looking them up on the internet. As I progressed with AYP and communication with my Higher Self/inner silence became easier, the signs and dreams stopped. But lately (months now), as I struggle to remain in touch with my inner self; to remain centred in the silence the dreams are back, the signs are back. So I am thinking maybe the Universe /The Divine uses dreams and symbols to communicate with us when it can't do so directly ??!

Seysorciere
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000