update, and exploring AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  11:11:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JamieRadha
...the main thing to me is the incredible opening and deepening of my spiritual life as a result of the samyama/surrender.

Jamie,

It is generous of you to share such detail about your money/property situation as it relates to your practice of samyama and surrender.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2011 :  11:13:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  01:35:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

that is wonderful Jamie
quote:
danda samarpana

meaning the face down prostration ?
do u say any mantra?

yes - lying face down with the arms outstretched forward, prayer hands (anjali mudra). This is done on the exhale after cobra, followed by another inhale with cobra, then exhale to down dog, etc.

The mantra that I was taught "goes with" this by my friend Domagoj at HOY is:
"om hram hrim hrum hraim hraum om hra om" going up the chakras (hra is at ajna).
However, the mantra that I have been using with it for this particular purpose, regarding finances/ material concerns, is:
"om shrim hrim klim maha Lakshmaya namaha"
- as my Indian friends have told me Ma Lakshmi is in charge of money concerns. Praying about money is something very new to me, as I was always taught it was "unspiritual" to do so. But maybe I will address that in a future post in a different part of the forum.

I should mention, for those of you who are sticklers for detail, I had used the Lakshmi mantra earlier that day when I did my a.m. asana and meditation, doing surya namaskar indoors. But I used the "om hram hrim..." mantra later in the day, outside in the sunshine, immediately before the intense opening/ecstasy occurred.

Thanks, everybody, for all your support and encouragement!!! LOVE YOU.

Edited by - Radharani on Oct 29 2011 03:46:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2011 :  01:39:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

quote:
Originally posted by JamieRadha
...the main thing to me is the incredible opening and deepening of my spiritual life as a result of the samyama/surrender.

Jamie,

It is generous of you to share such detail about your money/property situation as it relates to your practice of samyama and surrender.

not inappropriate, I hope? I've shared intimate details of my tantric sex life in these forums, so I guess I can talk about finances, LOL! I feel I can share anything with you guys. But as I said (and as you quoted, above) it's really all about bhakti and ishvara pranidhana. The material circumstances are just "grist for the mill" as Ram Dass would say. thanks again for your encouragement.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2011 :  11:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Jamie
this lesson explains very well the combination of samayama into asanas
http://www.aypsite.org/300.html

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2011 :  01:03:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Love it! thanks, Maheswari.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000