Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Stillness In Rest
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  09:50:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been finding that as I continue my practices each day as I get to the rest phase after my meditations that for the first few minutes I fall into a deep stillness similar to the one I get when doing DM but without the mantra. I slowly come out of it and into a genuine rest which is refreshing but I am wondering if I need to extend the rest a couple of minutes to "make up" for the time of unintended stillness or just run with things as they are. I have not noticed any problems or overload symptoms so my initial thought is to simply let it be and let it go. If my mind and spirit want some additional stillness then let it do so, I just wanted some opinions on this, anyone? Love and Peace to you all!

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  11:51:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like stillness is starting to creep into your daily activity--expanding from meditation, then into rest, and finally into all moments of living. After submerging, submerging, submerging with the mantra, we finally surface and reap the benefits of our effortless efforts by residing in silence--in all circumstances. I would keep following your intuition and not worry too much about an exact structure with the rest period.

Some days I feel like resting more after meditation, and some days I am inclined to rest less and jump right into action--like grabbing my guitar and using the creative juice slurped from stillness. (By all means, honor the rest period, but don't feel confined or restricted by it).

Hope that "unintended stillness" you mentioned keeps surprising you during rest, and throughout the day!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000