Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Sleeping less and no dreams
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jasis

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  01:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I've noticed a marked change in that I am sleeping less than before. I nearly always wake around 4:30 am and go do the morning SBP and DM. I appear to need less sleep than before and still feel full of energy all day. Also, I noticed that I hardly seem to dream anymore. Before I started DM, I remembered a lot of dreams.

Anyone noticing similar effects?

l & l
Jasis

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  07:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha Jasis

I wish I could get up at that time. Lately I am absolutely wiped out; I could mimic Rip Van Winkle at the moment.

I went through a stage of a lot of dreams - they used to be vivid. To where I hardly had any. To now where there are some, but they are pretty feeble.

Sometimes I do some long stretches before I go to sleep and that gives me nightmares! But for some strange reason I still stretch before bed.

I bet in the future we will be able to concious sleep - sleep while watching ourselves. Bet that gets a little boring. I'll stick to the nightmares.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  4:46:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jasis,

how long has that apparent effect gone on? If it is just a few weeks or even a few months, it might not really mean much.
also, I think some people tolerate shorter sleep cycles better. I know of a woman who apparently gets by fine with 3-4 hours or less everyday, though I'm finding it hard to believe and never asked her in person.

for similar effects, I noticed that regular jogging seemed to restore me from being sleep deprived in a way similar to SBP and DM, but with jogging I would eventually crash after a few days of doing that, and never experimented with AYP in the same way simply because I don't think it can replace sleep unless we are extremely advanced with it.
Go to Top of Page

jasis

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  11:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Woosa and AumNaturel,

Thanks for you answers!

I am certainly not advanced and have only been practicing SBP and DM for a few months, so maybe this is just a temporary phase - isnt everthing ? - I will treat it as more scenery and just follow my body's needs, if I need to sleep, I will sleep, and if I am awake very early, I will enjoy the view of the stars and do my practice that bit earlier

Its funny, for a long time I had a sense of going in circles (I am a "sucessful" business person with a wonderful family), but with practices, I feel something new emerging. What a wonderful journey

L&L Jasis
Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2011 :  1:21:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A few months ago I went through a phase of fewer dreams, now they have returned and I find them to be more instructive and workable. I also need less sleep, that has continued. This may be a phase, in which case simply move forward slowly and in stillness.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000