Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Spontaneous I Am meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  6:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I don't normally use the I Am meditation but it happened spontaneously during our return trip from New York where we had spent a week at a Heart of Yoga retreat. The traffic on I-81 was freaking insane; I am not a timid driver, I was very comfortable driving in Los Angeles, but this East Coast traffic on I-81 with all the huge trucks and everybody weaving in and out, bumper to bumper at 90+ mph, was too much for me and I wimped out, so my partner Hawk took over driving. It actually seemed like a realistic possibility that we might die, given the physics of the situation; not that I am afraid to die, nor did I really think it was our time, but one never knows. So as Hawk was driving I chanted my favorite names of God. There were plenty of Krishna-colored clouds in the sky, which is always nice. So after a couple of hours of this we stopped for a break and to get gas, and as I stepped out of the car my inner silence/Bliss was incredibly deep and expansive. Now, I have been in Love, in the divine romance, for many years but in the last few months it has intensified to a constant sense of "I am so in Love!" I was in love with the cashier and everybody we met. Well, I was not purposely "meditating" at the time, but what happened was the words "I Am" spontaneously arose and dropped into the fathomless Bliss, and then became "I Am Love." Just a subtle change but experientially significant, and this has persisted since.

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2011 :  02:06:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

hello Jamie...i dont love everybody and everything yet...but i can relate to your post...i love Siva a lot...and absolutely i never wanted to drop the Siva mantra that i was given....i tried different techniques (like Vipassana 10 days silence) but Siva mantra will always come back ....when i was introduced to ayp,the AYAM mantra just happened to me very sponteanoulsy and easily....i spontenously dropped the Siva mantra and felt that AYAM was the mantra that i need in this specific time of my journey
but off course Nataraj Siva still catches my eyes....
much Love

Edited by - maheswari on Sep 24 2011 03:01:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2011 :  12:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JamieRadha
Well, I was not purposely "meditating" at the time, but what happened was the words "I Am" spontaneously arose and dropped into the fathomless Bliss, and then became "I Am Love." Just a subtle change but experientially significant, and this has persisted since.

I experienced this as well, several times.

Its purification and opening.

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2011 :  5:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My Dear Maheswari, I haven't dropped the other mantras. In fact I use several different mantras on different occasions. (Ooh, I'm probably breaking some kind of rule here!) I rarely use any mantra in deep meditation anymore; I just close my eyes. But what has changed is the feeling of "I am in Love" has morphed into "I AM Love" and it kind of manifests spontaneously at times throughout the day. Of course He still catches your eyes, how could He not?! ;)

My Dear Manigma, What specifically have you experienced? The spontaneous I AM meditation per se and/or the other aspects that I described?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000