Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Pressure in head and pain in spine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jasis

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  05:09:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I've been practising twice daily 10 min SBP + 20 min DM for about two months now so still a bit in the clunky stage. I have noticed a big improvement in overall mood and am definately less stressed at work and more productive too. I even stopped drinking alcohol with no problems though I am still smoking cigarettes. One step at a time... :) Thats the background.

I have noticed recently that during SBP I get a build up of pressure in the 3rd eye area. Also that I have often difficulty in locating the spinal nerve during SBP. Sometimes it feels like the energy is spiralling left and right of the spinal nerve but is rarely centered in the spinal nerve. I dont worry about it and just do the SBP. With DM I am now noticing and aching pain in the mid back in the spine. After DM I can feel that the lower back, below the ache, is quite hot, but the spine above the ache is quite cool. Seems like a blockage. Again, I dont worry and just complete the session.
The ache always disappears after the DM session is over.

Appreciate your views on this and if I should simply continue continue practices as described or if I should consider any modifications. Also would like to hear your views on the cigarettes. I feel that I will quit in time as a result of practices as I dont want to stress over it, but maybe I should take a firmer line on quitting smoking?

Many questions :)

L&L Jasis

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  07:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jasis

I would just keep going with your practice as you are. As long as you don't experience any pain or your life outside practices is effected; mood swings, irritability etc.

I used to meditate and smoke and didn't really find it a problem. They are stimulating like coffee so I always made sure that I meditated a couple of hours after a cigarette.

I gave up because I didn't really see the point of smoking anymore when ecstatic bliss is much nicer.
Go to Top of Page

jasis

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  3:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Woosa,

Thanks and I am taking this side effects of purification. The results are there in daily life and I dont have irritability except in the case where I don't rest enough after practice (so I always rest 3-5 mins now).

L&L Jasis
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  3:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jasis

Hi Woosa,

Thanks and I am taking this side effects of purification. The results are there in daily life and I dont have irritability except in the case where I don't rest enough after practice (so I always rest 3-5 mins now).

L&L Jasis

Hi Jasis:

Sounds like you have it. What more needs to be said?

The symptoms should pass as purification and opening advance. Self-pace your practice as necessary. Make sure to get good grounding exercise on a regular basis as well.

If you just forget about the smoking and keep your daily practice going, one day you may notice you are not smoking anymore. Funny how that happens.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

jasis

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  4:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Thanks! Funny thing is, I had the same thought as you posted. I've been grounding more and the smoking, well, I am learning to surrender bit by bit to the emerging process. What a beautiful system life is ...
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2011 :  8:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Jasis wrote:
"Sometimes it feels like the energy is spiralling left and right of the spinal nerve but is rarely centered in the spinal nerve. I dont worry about it and just do the SBP"

This is just a minor point; you are correct in not worrying about it, but when you notice the energy spiraling to the side, you should gently return it to the center. Spiral movement to the side is typical of kundalini moving in the side channels, ida and pingala, and we wish it to travel straight up in the center sushumna channel.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000