Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Adding Mantra enhancements
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  10:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have over the past week added the first mantra enhancement. I tried before about six month's ago but my brain totally refused to pronounce shree and gave me a headache instead so I assumed I was not quite ready and abandoned it. This time everything went OK but with one small problem it now takes me so deep it completely overrides my inner clock.

I have tried using a timer with a chime I have on my computer but although I don't feel any deeper I just don't hear it and my meditation has extended itself to at least 40 minutes, too long. I wondered if anyone else has had this problem.

RICHARD

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2006 :  10:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Richard ,
it's only too long if you feel it is.If you are not getting excessive cleansing then it is ok.If you use sankalpa(intent) at the beginning of your meditation that you will awake from meditation after 20 mins you will find you will be very close. You are going deeper because the mantra is having a greater effect and cleansing will probably increase. Rememebr that not all meditations will be the same as this.
L&L
Dave

'the mind can see further than the eyes'
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  11:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard:

Sounds like a good start with the mantra enhancement. Of course, all experiences in deep meditation are transient due to the ever-changing patterns of purification going on within us. So, this too shall pass and you will be back to normal session durations soon enough. It is okay to go over on time innocently. We just don't do it deliberately, always favoring the procedure, including our predetermined session length, as our awareness in the moment allows.

Make sure to take adequate rest before getting up, especially if the session runs over like that. This will assure a smooth transition into daily activity.

The benefit of all this, deep meditation, enhancments of mantra, and so on, is increasing depth and stabilization of inner silence in daily activty. That is the payoff. How we get there is a long and winding road with all sorts of scenery -- much of it quite lovely. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000