Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Numbness on tongue + lips
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2006 :  04:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have started to find recently that during meditation i get a numb feeling on the tip of my tongue and lips. This is followed by what i can only describe as some sort of electrical sensation at the same place. It's a little bit like static electricity. Anyone got ant ideas about this?

Thanks.

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  11:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi WhiteCrane:

At the risk of sounding like a cliche, I'll say it is purification. By now it may be past and moving on to some other manifestation of opening in the nervous systems. Has it?

Typically, symptoms around the tongue and mouth are precursers of increased kechari-related activity -- it can be soon, or much later. Just take it one day at a time.

Of course, sometimes symptoms can be medically related, so we do not turn a blind eye to that. If a symptom becomes chronic, it is a good idea to get it checked out medically, though this one you are mentioning seems pretty benign.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  11:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Since the posting Yogani the symptoms have ceased but have now been replaced by the orgasmic feelings in my feet and legs
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  12:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Crane - My legs and feet have orgasms too. The leg thing has been going on for a long time; the soles of the feet just a few months. I've never been clear on what it is - purification? kundalini? energy excess? - but I don't much care. I'm afraid if I overanalyze it, the orgasms might stop, which would be a pity. :)
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  1:07:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi WC and Meg:

Ah, the rise of ecstatic conductivity. Sometimes it is noticed going down before it goes up and everywhere.

Walking is the prescription for spreading the energy sensations in the legs and feet out to the rest of the body and beyond. Remember, the ecstatic sensations are the friction of energy passing through purifying nerves, and gradually they will spread out and become the outpouring flow of divine love, which is even better than orgasms in the feet.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2006 :  1:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow - thanks for that, Yogani. I'm going for a walk.
Go to Top of Page

WhiteCrane38

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2006 :  05:46:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit WhiteCrane38's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Me to!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000