my journey
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2012 :  1:18:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to chime in and say how helpful I have found your description and ongoing account of your practice Yaming. It is really helpful to be able to see what others encounter, especially around overload and timing.

I too have started to have brief moments of uncaused happiness, but I also suffer from overload. I started AYP in fall 2008, but was very on and off with the practice and veered away for a while just concentrating on non-dual teachings. A month of so I started in earnest again, I find that this time I have a bit more awareness of overload symptoms in advance, and can manage them a little better. I seem to be more present in my physical body. I am not sure what you mean exactly by solar centring, but am assuming that it might mean resting your awareness in your solar plexus. I find that having my centre of consciousness lower in my body than it normally is, amazingly helpful, and try to rest my awareness lower in my head, between my ears, or around the throat. It really does seem to make a difference, especially if I do it when resting after DM.

Josh, I also find your description of your journey really interesting and helpful, partly in a kind of "oh, similarities, I hope that means I am going to awaken more soon" kind of seeking way, which I suppose is also what fascinates me with other accounts of awakening. There is nothing I like better than a book about a normal kind of person who awakens, preferably after going through some very human difficulties that I can identify with!

Edited by - k123 on Nov 03 2012 1:20:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2012 :  12:06:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani's lessons on solar centering begin here:

http://www.aypsite.org/368.html
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2012 :  10:44:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ether
Go to Top of Page

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  06:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So It's been a while since my last post. I am back up to 15 min practice in total (SPB and DM)!
I'm also doing some light tantric stuff and currently reading some of mantak chias books, which are interesting.
I had a few moments which I had some "realizations" but they didn't last long. Oh and they are helpful because then the non dual teaching (at least some of it) start to make sense. Even though I do not read any spiritual literature at the moment.
All there is to do is to keep going :) I will keep you updated.
I saw lately a talk on flow. It was interesting because some of the things that can occur during flow states is that the bondaries of the physical world disappear and you are one with the ocean/mountain whatever it is you're doing. It seems that there are correlations between those states and the state you get when you meditate. What is also interesting is that a certain part of your brain doesn't work properly anymore (the one where you get the information of your location I don't remember what exactly it was). You can watch it here: http://superheroyou.com/hacking-flow/
Keep up cleaning :p
Yaming
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2012 :  4:27:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What is so important to remember, to be reminded of every so often, is the larger picture, which is both infinitely large and unimaginably small! There is, in spite of all appearances, no goal here, no destination, no state which we achieve, nothing to reach. We are here, "Tat tvam asi", it's already who, where and what we are. So this thousand-mile journey is no journey at all...! The view from the summit is the view which is already all around us. It is not about doing anything or getting anywhere, but rather about seeing things as they really are--removing illusion, halting false impressions and allowing reality to just BE. This is accomplished mainly by meditation and meditation alone. Meditation is a snow plow. In order to move forward, the plow must remove obstacles from its path. In order to remove obstacles to forward progress, it needs only to move ahead. Two goals--removal of obstacles and forward progress--accomplished by one operation! Spiritual practice is like that. Meditation moves us in the direction of our true inner Self--the silence within--and as that happens (not by DOING, btw, but by stopping all doing--by Being!) we automatically remove the obstacles to further refinement of the mind. Because both processes happen simultaneously, our subjective experience during meditation changes all the time. Sometimes we experience mostly removal of obstacles, and our meditations are dominated by thoughts, emotions, physical sensations, etc. Sometimes we experience mostly refinement of the mind, and our experience will be one of stillness, peace and light. Does not matter which! Either is positive experience. But in the long run, only 15-20 minutes of twice daily meditation is both necessary and sufficient, and, as we've been seeing in this thread, more practices CAN and often do introduce too much purification. So we need to both recognize that our progress is steady and that when we seek to speed up our progress, we always run the risk of too much purification, or overload.

The one other thing which will always help our practices to be smoother and keep us grounded is the type of activity we do during the day. Physical activity grounds us. Being outdoors grounds us. Dharmic activity grounds us. Practicing compassion both uplifts and grounds us, as does joyous activity with family. And always remember--this is not a sprint, it's a marathon. Everywhere we go, everything we do, everyone we meet is our next step, an increase in light, a joyous awakening. There is no "sudden awakening," although at times it seems that something fitting such a description may be happening. Spiritual practice is so very simple--it is nothing more than Life continuously gaining more of Itself, day by day, year by year, until we are operating with 200% of Life--100% of the silent, never-changing absolute 'sat-chit-ananda', and 100% of the manifest relative ever-changing 'Trigunas.'
Namaste,
Michael

Edited by - mikkiji on Nov 13 2012 6:54:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2012 :  01:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
beautifully said mikkiji
thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Yaming

Switzerland
112 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  09:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi there,
I've decided to quit practice in mid december. I was again going into slight overload and over all I can't really say that meditation has brought big benefits to me.
However, I can't really stay away. Which is quite a curious thing since I haven't noticed benefits yet something in me wants it. Anyways, I decided to give holosync a try instead of AYP. I just started so I can't really tell you much about it. I also just read Holys threat and I want to try it out at some point. But I have committed to holosync so I give that first a try.
I know that many years on the spiritual path isn't much. On the other hand I can't take someones word for it and just practice without getting results. After all there is much to do in this life. I rather spend 30 minutes on something that actually will help me or benefit others instead on something that might or might not yield results.
Maybe it is also the lack of having actually seen someone who has achieved a lot on the spiritual path that makes me doubt it. So far all I have are tales and written stuff that promise a lot and are fascinating. Till I have seen or experienced it myself they stay in the realm of possibilities and fantasies.
I have read mantak chias book (multy orgasmic man) and I can really recommend it. I can say that this approach to tantric sex is better for me than the AYP one (I tried AYP before with rather unpleasant results). The results from the approach of mantak chia are very good. I can have sex without orgasm or ejaculation and feel great afterwards. I can have orgasm without ejaculation and continue on till me or my partner has enough. So really it has improved my sex life quite a bit. :)
But anyways a drive towards meditation/spirituality is here so something in me must know more than I do. :p I'll keep you updated on my little holosync experiment.
Yaming
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  7:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for updating Yaming Good luck with Holosync.

Mikkiji your post was inspiring.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000