Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Noon fire and afternoon discomfort
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  2:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I guess many experienced how the celestial bodies, sun, moon, stars influence our biology functioning. I think I got some negative influence from the high noon sun. And I'm bring it out to seek for some help and/or cure.

This went way back before I started ayp. The usual symptoms are, when it is sunny at high noon, particularly right after lunch,
I would feel dry and veins congested (just a feeling), heart beats stronger and faster. I would feel dry and my stomach feels heavy. I would thirsty for a nap, but nap wouldn't make it much better as the strong heart beat goes on in it. I could drink tea, it would help, but then I run into bathroom every 30 mins. In the mornings and evenings I feel pretty well and sharp.

I'm guessing this is a yin and yang imbalance. But I don't know how to deal with it. almost two years of ayp eliminated the need to nap, makes my mind clearer, but the dry, firey feeling is still there.

I am wondering also if this can be linked to the lack of coolness in my practice. It is all warmth, or heat, or fire (if I get overloaded).

Does anyone have similar experience? Is there anyway to cure it?

ps, I tried eating yin food, but that doesn't help much.

Any input is welcome and appreciated!

Phil

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  2:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil

Is it possible that you are chronically dehydrated? (most of us are) Perhaps you could try drinking a lot more water to see if that helps keep you "moist" and cool?

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  2:49:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carsoooon!

Thanks for the advice! Yea, you are definitely right! Actually my doctor told me to always drink as much water/juice as possible. was born not to be a water liker:(

but I'm still wondering if there's a way to adjust my practice, life style to help. (It's weird that it'ss so sharply felt right after lunch, and then it goes away.) any thought on this?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  2:52:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey buddy

Not sure what your practice consists of right now so can't advise there. Not really very sure about why it is felt so strongly after lunch but I would suggest including a litre or so of water with your food and see if that helps some.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  2:54:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I also don't really enjoy drinking just plain water most of the time either..but i found a way to make it a bit more enticing is to add a bag of mint tea to cold water.. makes it very refreshing and i tend to drink a lot more that way
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  3:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks faileforever for the water tip:)

Carson,,,I guess my current routine doesn't have major fire stimulators. mostly I do 5mins SPB and 18mins of DM.
I tried to add on Siddhasana, but 5 mins of it overloaded me; then I added on samyama (just three sutras), it felt good for a few days, then the delayed effect was felt. So now I'm doing this simple routine without even mulabanda and sambhavi. And I feel that's powerful enough for now, especially after the recent dissolving of some emotional blocks.(see http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=10296 ) I guess I need to check with you individual practices in details in the retreat!
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  3:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Phil

My intuition (which is always subject to my personal conditioning ) is that this is likely not "overload" and that it is more "environmental." I feel that increasing your H2O intake is going to help a bit... and it might be a good idea to stay out of the mid-day sun.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  3:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Carson,

guess I need to avoid getting sun burnt both inside and out:)

soooon!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000