Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Just starting this journey
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

frankm

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  09:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings everyone. I just recently embarked on this journey and several things suddenly seemed to make sense. I'm an academic employed at a major university for over 30 years. My field of specialization and research is computer science. Many years ago a famous French quantum physicist "Jean Emile Charon"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Emile_Charon

approached me and asked if I would collaborate with him with his work on general relativity. I spent several years writing software and doing analysis on the theory of special relativity.

I also read many of his books, some of which I found interesting but somewhat non mainstream. He was considered a bit odd by his colleagues but non the less his brilliance was unquestionable. He has since passed away. One of his books "The Spirit: That Stranger Inside Us (2004)" amongst others struck me as being particularily odd and over the top.

The man essentially determined through his many years of theoretical work that the essence of existence could not be resolved with pure science. And he postulated that the spirit does in fact exist at the quantum level and beyond. He predicted many things which at the time were totally off the wall. One of which was the concept of quantum entanglement. As years passed he gradually entered the realm of metaphysics and spent the remainder of his life contemplating the essence of our existence.

All of a sudden many years later after re-reading Yogani's Deep Meditation book, two statements profoundly resonated in me and sent shivers up my spine.

They are:

"Be still, and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10

"Who am I? - I am the essence of everything, and everything that is manifest is the essence of me."

I think Jean Emile Charon had empirically come to this realization. I still have his books signed and personally encouraging my continuing search for knowledge and understanding and the ultimate truth.

Who would have thought that 25 years later I would be opening the door, not the one I had envisaged, but perhaps the one that will answer some of the questions that have haunted me all this time and that science has not yet been able to answer and perhaps never will.

Frank.

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  10:07:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Frank,

Welcome to the Forums.

This is Science too. Call it Spirit or God or ultimate self but essentially it is all about following a set of procedures that lead to a result.

AYP is a remarkable step forward in making all the esoteric practices available to the public. The effective integration with instructions on self-pacing make them all the more effective and usable.

Practice Wisely as it is all and only about practice. I wish you all the best.

- Near
Go to Top of Page

frankm

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  11:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near,

No insult or disrespect intended but I guess I'm more inclined to adhere to the classical definition of science as being "the systematic observation of natural events and conditions in order to discover facts about them and to formulate laws and principles based on these facts" rather than "following a set of procedures that lead to a result". Perhaps we are both thinking of the same thing but expressing it somewhat differently.

The scientific method transformed natural philosophy into an empirical activity deriving from experiment unlike the rest of philosophy. By the end of the 18th century, it had begun to be called "science" to distinguish it from philosophy. Thereafter, metaphysics denoted philosophical enquiry of a non-empirical character into the nature of existence. "Peter Gay, The Enlightenment, vol. 1 (The Rise of Modern Paganism)".

My interpretation of some of the more esoteric teachings presented here are more along the lines of philosophy and the metaphysical, in particular ontology "the study of being and existence; which includes the definition and classification of entities, physical or mental, the nature of their properties, and the nature of change" and of natural theology "the study of a God or Gods; which involves many topics, including among others the nature of religion and the world, existence of the divine, questions about Creation, and the numerous religious or spiritual issues that concern humankind in general".

No matter, science or philosophy ... all knowledge is good

Best,
Frank.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  12:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome Frank
so true what you are saying
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  1:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by frankm

They are:

"Be still, and know that I am God..." Psalm 46:10

"Who am I? -

Hi Frank,

Welcome to you. Well if the Quantum physics Guru can't point you in this direction then little else can.

I just posted 'be still and know that I am God' in another post at virtually the same time. Just goes to show that the double slit experiment works perfectly outside of particles Wonder if there is an interference pattern?

A great adventure awaits you but no journey at all.

Enjoy

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  2:18:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Frank, and welcome!

Philosophy as a mental discipline by itself doesn't count for much in a practitioner environment. If it remains in the mind only, it will not take us much beyond inspiration. It is practice that will take us beyond the mind and into consciously becoming the thing itself, that abiding inner silence (stillness) that can infuse our daily life with boundless peace, energy, creativity and happiness.

So whether we call it "applied philosophy" or "applied science," it doesn't matter. "Applied" is the operative word here. What matters is effective action leading to lasting results. This is what the AYP lessons are about. It is the difference between theoretical science and applied science. Here, we are interested in the "applied" part.

Another word that denotes applied science (or applied philosophy) is "technology." Technology is what turns theoretical science into a computer or an airplane, and spiritual philosophy into a direct ongoing experience of enlightenment. Yoga has been called a philosophy, one of the six major systems that have come out of India. But, in fact, yoga is technology, because it deals primarily with practical means for cultivating human spiritual transformation. Those who focus on yoga as philosophy only might miss its true import, unless, of course, they are applying it in the form of daily structured practice.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

frankm

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  3:11:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for your warm welcome!

I completely agree with Yogani that philosophy as a mental discipline will not take us much beyond inspiration. However it is inspiration - the sudden feeling of enthusiasm, or a new idea that helps you to do or create something - which propelled me to apply the practices of yoga described here on a daily basis.

Perhaps, in time, I will be able to validate the statement, even if to a tiny degree, "...I am the essence of everything, and everything that is manifest is the essence of me." and finally understand what Jean Emile Charon was saying in his book "The Spirit: That Stranger Inside Us".

I have no expectations but my desire is great.

Frank.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  3:55:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I have no expectations but my desire is great.

Frank.

great attitude for progress.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2011 :  5:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
All of a sudden many years later after re-reading Yogani's Deep Meditation book, two statements profoundly resonated in me and sent shivers up my spine.

I like shivers up my spine.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000