Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Miracle linked to Yoga & Awareness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  12:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
it was the august long weekend, and i was hiking in to a campsite with a large tent on my shoulder. the tent was heavy so i shifted it from one shoulder to the other and instantly felt intense pain my my lower back.

"oh no, what did i do to myself?"

..it was all i could do to pitch the tent and sit in a fold-up chair. later that night i started vomiting from the pain.

what to do?

here is what i tried:

- breathing into the pain
- AYAM mantra
- corpse pose
- some spring forest qigong stuff

the next morning i felt slightly better but had to haul our camping gear back up the trail to the car.. driving back in to town i sometimes got tunnel vision when my back would go into spasms as i tried to shift gears.

i was rather worried, because i have a labour job and can't really afford any down time right now. i spent the whole next day doing those four things above and here are some observations:

- breathing into the pain tended to sort of amplify the pain, but also let me see how the breath was twisted by the pain.. by breathing with awareness it was sort of like i could see past the muscle spasm pain and untangle the cause.. sort of like my nerves were twisted or something. keeping my breath steady when it wanted to gasp or waver seemed to help draw the nerves back (uncoil them) into more harmonious alignment.

i also prayed a lot, that's for sure!

anyways, it's been a month, and i completely forgot about the incident -- the pain got less over several days, i took it easier on my body, and it healed very quickly. the same can be said for skin wounds -- they seem to heal very fast.

oh yes, i should mention this:

- i do drink my urine in the morning
- i do not ejaculate

..those practices probably help speed the healing process too.

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  08:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  08:50:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delta33,
If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

quote:
- breathing into the pain tended to sort of amplify the pain, but also let me see how the breath was twisted by the pain.. by breathing with awareness it was sort of like i could see past the muscle spasm pain and untangle the cause.. sort of like my nerves were twisted or something. keeping my breath steady when it wanted to gasp or waver seemed to help draw the nerves back (uncoil them) into more harmonious alignment.

Very interesting.

Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Go to Top of Page

psychicexplorer

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2011 :  9:35:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit psychicexplorer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by delta33

- i do not ejaculate

Im just curious but is urine drinking an AYP practice?
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  12:49:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by psychicexplorer

quote:
Originally posted by delta33

- i do not ejaculate

Im just curious but is urine drinking an AYP practice?

this is not a necessary practice

but.. if you find yourself in a life situation where expanded vitality would be an asset, we would strongly recommend drinking a half glass of your own piss each morning. it really does suck, and i.we feel shivers up our spine every time.

then again.. those shivers point to something..

and (yes, we used to scorn this) retaining your ejaculation yields exponential energy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000