Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Siva Yoga and its practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kim

Finland
56 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  06:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Quoting some text from Yogacenter Sundara's website: http://en.sundarayoga.fi/25
Click the link to read the whole text.

Siva Yoga –

What is it? How to practice it?

”The Three Divine Qualities (3DQs) are chrystalised form of Thirumular's teaching given through Thirumular's Siva Yoga. Main teaching is realising the inner Self and bringing it to the waking state of consciousness. By practicing the 3DQs with sincere devotion, grace of Guru happens and one becomes more blissful, lovable, joyful and detached. Make your home an ashram and your body a temple. Worship Siva and Guru through 3DQs.”

- Acharya Premananda, Head teacher of Siva Yoga

Siva Yoga is a teaching
of meditation having its roots in a very old tradition of yoga. Siva Yoga and the practice of the Three Divine Qualities belong to meditative yoga which combines mantras i.e. use of sound, guru yoga and devotion i.e. bhakti yoga. TSY is a very high teaching of yoga. Learning Siva Yoga is free and it can be wholly learnt through internet.

The Siddha tradition

The founder of Siva Yoga i.e. mulaguru is Maha Siddha Thirumular, who is one of the most important masters of Indian yoga tradition. Siddha Thirumular is one of the central masters in the 18 siddhas tradition. Another master behind Siva Yoga is Kriya Babaji Mahavatar who is familiar to many through Paramahansa Yogananda's book Autobiography of Yogi. As Yogananda tells in his book the actions and level of consciousness of masters like the ones mentioned above is difficult for a human being to behold. However, through practice, the student will experience that these masters are very vividly present and helping us although they do not appear in physical bodies. Little by little, when we grow in consciousness, we will notice that master's presence will never fade. This points out that these masters are real masters who are not bound by the laws of time and physical world. They have realized the inner core which is in each human being showing it in our bodies through devoted practice.

How does the Siva Yoga work?

Siva Yoga
and the practice of the Three Divine Qualities (3DQs) combine many elements from yoga:

mantra i.e. use of certain sounds

pranayama i.e. breathing excercise

dhyana i.e. certain meditation techniques and visualizations

guru yoga i.e. connecting and assimilating to master's consciousness

bhakti yoga i.e. developing loving devotion

The mind and subconscious of a practitioner of the Three Divine Qualities will be purified from all negativity and selfish motives. This is consciously done in order to create space for the highest aspect of our nature, our inner light and wisdom, to emerge. When our selfish ego clarifies, the clean and positive motives will remain. On the course of long practice of the 3DQs the student will build for himself a Golden Light Body which is also known as a Rainbow Body or as a Diamond Body in other high level teachings of yoga. Building such a body is a result of student's own practice.

When disruptive habits and mental processes are being cleaned from student's nervous system he can better see the truth about his true nature and life. Continuous practice of 3DQs according to the instructions will inevitably lead to Self-realization (Sat-chit-ananda) through an experience called Om Samadhi.

Read the whole text at: http://en.sundarayoga.fi/25
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000