Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Kriya yoga and Veda upasana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  10:44:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste,
Could someone please share their experience with a practise which consists of both kriya yoga and vedic chanting. (I did see the gayatri mantra thread)By vedic chanting I mean, the whole nine yards with full and lengthy versions of rituals/mantras from the vedas. My vedic chanting etc has come down due to my kriya practises.

I have had bliss doing either one of them in the past and I was wondering if these could be coupled to lead a good life maintaining both duality(materialistic life) and peace in the world. I figure my life goals dont want me to be non dual atleast for the next 20 years. At times, I have been ready to drop these goals too, but I picked these goals as my guru asked to set goals during meditation.

My observation is While kriyas get you to a no-mind state, vedas encourage you to have a cosmic mind. I would really appreciate if experienced people could shed some light on this.

Thankyou for reading this.

Edited by - AYPforum on Aug 14 2011 10:47:04 AM

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2011 :  6:23:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cosmic mind happens after prolonged states of no mind, so both do not stand in opposition.

It is more like: personal mind dies into no mind and re awakens as cosmic mind.

And cosmic mind is another word for an expanded and blissed mind-functioning, so it is not a fixed happening, but more like an ever changing playground of divine love and joy.

You could also say, both supplement each other, making your life a divine play of pure bliss consciousness and "cosmic mind" as you refer to it.
Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  10:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Holy

Cosmic mind happens after prolonged states of no mind, so both do not stand in opposition.

It is more like: personal mind dies into no mind and re awakens as cosmic mind.

And cosmic mind is another word for an expanded and blissed mind-functioning, so it is not a fixed happening, but more like an ever changing playground of divine love and joy.

You could also say, both supplement each other, making your life a divine play of pure bliss consciousness and "cosmic mind" as you refer to it.

Thanks for your comments, Holy. I agree with the divine play on the ever changing playground of love and joy. The question I still have at hand is if duality(success in world) could be maintained with a sense of inner peace and wisdom.

Mostly, when a person drifts off the cosmic or the bliss mind, Either the feminine or the masculine rears its head flavoured with one of the "thrigunas" and out on the streets, that means either you could be come across as a pushover or an agressive person. Is there a "balance" at some point or the other? If so, When does it really sink in? Or should one only focus on the lower chakras and be content with such practises.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  10:34:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

You shouldn't focus on the chakras at all; just meditate and your body will tend to the chakras.
Absolutely you can be successful in this world with a sense of inner peace and wisdom. It comes automatically with consistent meditation.
Click on "main lessons" or get one of the books and practice twice a day.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  8:49:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Success in world is not dependant on duality or nonduality. Living the most ordinary, like earning some money, buying food and being one with the universe is perfect and fine.

At times the transition can be harsh for the body-mind. For that reason this site here has brought something like self-pacing spiritual practices into awareness. It helps making the transition as smooth as possible.

Balance will come over time, then go, and come back =P Beyond time something much better can be found, untouched by balance and unbalance. Then worrying can happen, everything can happen, and it is very fine.

Till this, self pace as necessary.

love
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  10:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by sivasambho

I have had bliss doing either one of them in the past and I was wondering if these could be coupled to lead a good life maintaining both duality(materialistic life) and peace in the world.

It is possible to be financially successful while on the path, but it is not possible to serve two masters.

Go to Top of Page

sivasambho

USA
136 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2011 :  11:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks holy, etherfish and jeff!

My highly dual nature is due to gemini being ascendant with the presence of saturn in a vedic astrology chart of mine. Moon in seventh house, is going to be causing issues for me in terms of second guessing myself, worrying about others etc. Its not entirely a bad thing. But if duality remains consistently, at least then it becomes a permanent feature and make you look less consistent. I understand, this means surrender to my lord ardanareeswara and application of the sacred ash everyday.

May all you be gifted with devotion! Please wish the same that I remain humble and devoted to my guru!

Edited by - sivasambho on Aug 31 2011 03:25:58 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000