AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Kundalini Kriyas of Satyananda BSY tradition
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nataraja

11 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2011 :  3:35:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This question is for anyone familiar with their system of kriya yoga.

I don't know if it's similar to the Microcosmic Orbit in terms of the routes taken as i'm not that clued up on that approach but this school/approach takes two psychic passages, a frontal one on INH (moving through the kshetrams)terminating at bindu after leaving vishuddhi kshetram and a spinal one on EXH via ajna chakra on the return leg(moving through the chakras).

Regarding the head tilt could someone just confirm with me whether

- the head remain tilted downards from muladhara to vishuddhi kshetram
-tilts backwards on the final segment of INH
***-then remain tilted backwards* for the duration of the EXH
-before dropping forward After* reaching muldahara chakra

Have i got that right?

One might imagine the head might tilt with the movment of the breath but i'm believing this is possibly not the case.

If you're familar with the kundalini kriyas outlined in the BSY textbooks or practice them or have done etc you should know the answer to this.

Thanks in advance.

I think i might have this right but i want to check with you folks.

P.S If you want a reference take a look at Kriya 4.Pawan Sanchalana.The head is forward,then it tilts back from vishuddhi K. to bindu, then remains back during the spinal route, only to tilt/drop forward again after end of EXH/spinal route.Have i got that right??? If you've got the big'Kriya Yoga' book (BSY) check out page 751 in my edition.

Edited by - Nataraja on Aug 28 2011 3:56:38 PM

Nataraja

11 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  10:05:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does the head remain tilted back(at least for many of the kriyas) for the duration of the EXHALE?

ANYONE????

I guess it must be right but it does'nt seem right if you know what i mean.Unless if i've got it wrong and the head tilts back to neutral after the end of the inhale before exhale.Or option3- alternatively tilts back to neutral during the exhale.The inititation of back tilt occurs during the final segment of the inhale between vishuddhi kshetram and bindu.

To always have the head tilted back during kriya yoga exhale practice seems counter intuitive. I always imagined the spine should be neutral upright and the head-tilts here possibly function in a somewhat similar manner to the chin-pump in AYP.

There must be someone here that has practiced this and can remember.

Edited by - Nataraja on Sep 02 2011 11:05:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  11:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nataraja :)
Perhaps you will find the answer in this text called "Kundalini Tantra" by Swami Satyananda Saraswati:
http://www.light-weaver.com/vortex/...araswati.pdf

There are lots of instructions and pictures regarding the position of the head in relation to the cycle of the breath for various practices..
For Example:

quote:

The fainting breath attitude
This practice requires a steady and firm asana - siddhasana is the best. Hold the spine
and head upright and relax the whole body. Perform khechari mudra. Inhale through the
nostrils with ujjayi pranayama while simultaneously bending the head backward and
assuming shambhavi mudra. The inhalation should be slow and deep. At the end of
inhalation, your head should lean backward, but not completely. The position of the head
is as shown in the diagram. Retain the breath inside for as long as is comfortable,
maintaining shambhavi mudra, but keeping the attention at bindu. Keep the arms straight
by locking the elbows and pressing the knees with the hands. Fix your whole awareness
on bindu. Then bend the arms and slowly exhale with ujjayi pranayama as you bend the
head forward. Slowly lower and close the eyes. At the end of exhalation your head should
face forward and the eyes should be completely closed. Relax the whole body for a short
time, keeping the eyes closed. Release khechari mudra and breathe normally. Become
aware of the lightness and calmness pervading the whole mind. This is one round. After
some time, commence the second round. Practice 10 or more rounds, or until a fainting
sensation is experienced. Perform each round for as long as possible, but without strain.

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

Nataraja

11 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  7:18:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks T_I
;-)

Helpful---good karma to you mate!

Good Man!!!!

I'm a little more confident after your helpful guidance...inner guru//and all that. ;-)

I bring the head down slightly, into neutral, during the exhale typically when i start on it while i'm still at ajna,bindu & vishuddhi.There is nothing in the instructions that says otherwise.

http://www.yogamag.net/archives/197...77/kkt.shtml

Enjoy

If you've got big-ish kundalini issues here's your ticket.

God Bless!

P.S It seems like a powerful yoga btw so far..

Edited by - Nataraja on Sep 10 2011 7:50:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nataraja

11 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  10:20:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Prana is made to flow in Sushumna

P.S Helpful Guidance from the Swamiji website(Himalayan School)related to the kundalini awakening process.

Edited by - Nataraja on Sep 20 2011 10:35:22 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000