Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Living on light and prana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

optiontwo

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  3:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey there, just recently joined the forum but have been practicing Pranayama and DM for a bit over a year now.

Lately I've been doing some research on "breatharianism" or living on light, love, prana, whatever you want to call it. First, I would assume that there are multiple venues in which we can gather energy, more than just food. Obviously there's prana, but then there's taking in light through Solar Plexus, being out in nature one could take in green light via heart, or even retaining sexual energy and bringing it up through the root.

I guess I'm looking for any input from you guys on any specific techniques you've heard of. I'm guessing all the different types of energy you can take in are all different aspects of the same source, and that one would have to direct them into the solar plexus in order for your body's energy to be regulated properly.

I'm going to try fasting for a bit and seeing I can really focus on filling the solar plexus. It seems to be an ideal way to live...we could solve world hunger and create a more spiritual atmosphere! Anybody have any info/feedback I would appreciate, Namaste.

Edited by - AYPforum on Sep 20 2011 3:55:38 PM

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  3:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello and welcome to the AYP forums

This topic by Christi, might be of interest to you:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2981

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  3:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

psychicexplorer

USA
35 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  8:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit psychicexplorer's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I'm going to try fasting for a bit and seeing I can really focus on filling the solar plexus. It seems to be an ideal way to live...we could solve world hunger and create a more spiritual atmosphere! Anybody have any info/feedback I would appreciate, Namaste.

good luck!

Seems to me that cannibalism is about the only thing that would solve the world hunger problem as well as the population problem :)
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  01:54:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Swami Chidananda (Divine Life Society) in his late years was living on Prana
personally i am not into those things...
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2011 :  02:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by optiontwo
I guess I'm looking for any input from you guys on any specific techniques you've heard of.

Its very easy to live without food. All you need is a secret breathing technique and a secret mantra.

But above all... a great willpower and resolve.

I am not sure if you have read Autobiography of a Yogi. There are few references about people who did not eat food.

Chapter 39: Therese Neumann, the Catholic Stigmatist of Bavaria
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Autob...i/Chapter_39

"I see you realize that energy flows to your body from the ether, sun, and air."

A swift smile broke over her face. "I am so happy to know you understand how I live."

"Your sacred life is a daily demonstration of the truth uttered by Christ: 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.'"

Again she showed joy at my explanation. "It is indeed so. One of the reasons I am here on earth today is to prove that man can live by God's invisible light, and not by food only."

"Can you teach others how to live without food?"

She appeared a trifle shocked. "I cannot do that; God does not wish it."

And here is another:

Chapter 46: The Woman Yogi who Never Eats (Giri Bala)
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Autob...i/Chapter_46

"But you do eat something!" My tone held a note of remonstrance.

"Of course!" She smiled in swift understanding.

"Your nourishment derives from the finer energies of the air and sunlight, and from the cosmic power which recharges your body through the medulla oblongata."

"Baba knows." Again she acquiesced, her manner soothing and unemphatic.

"My Guru initiated me into a KRIYA technique which frees the body from dependence on the gross food of mortals. The technique includes the use of a certain MANTRA and a breathing exercise more difficult than the average person could perform. No medicine or magic is involved; nothing beyond the KRIYA."

"Mother," I asked, "why don't you teach others the method of living without food?"

My ambitious hopes for the world's starving millions were nipped in the bud.

"No." She shook her head. "I was strictly commanded by my guru not to divulge the secret. It is not his wish to tamper with God's dharma of creation."

"Mother," I said slowly, "what is the use of your having been singled out to live without eating?"

"To prove that man is Spirit." Her face lit with wisdom. "To demonstrate that by divine advancement he can gradually learn to live by the Eternal Light and not by food."

The saint sank into a deep meditative state. Her gaze was directed inward; the gentle depths of her eyes became expressionless. She gave a certain sigh, the prelude to the ecstatic breathless trance. For a time she had fled to the questionless realm, the heaven of inner joy.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000