Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama on Divine Love
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Natalia777

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  8:50:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been practicing samyama for a few days now. I'm not a complete novice to spirituality. I've practiced different systems over the years. But only recently have I really practiced Raja Yoga, etc. It has been quite the experience.

At first I did as the lesson said, I practiced samyama on the word Love. Each time I said it, the feeling/energy of it compounded throughout my body. Stronger and stronger, it was amazing something so subtle and simple, has such a profound impact. In the external, in subtle natural, before I even realize I've done it, behavior has changed and feeling toward everything. It is like being in love, except overall. It is a very heartfelt feeling I have never been too natural with.

Today I practiced samyama on the word Divine Love. Again, it compounded, stronger and stronger, it was amazing. Not to sound explicit, but it felt as if I was having sex with the universe, or it was making love to me. Stronger and stronger, I stopped shorted of moaning out loud! Again I don't mean to sound explicit, it just really felt this strong throughout my body. I stopped myself because of the sheer "wow" feeling of it. I don't know what to make of this! xD I do and I don't. I greatly appreciate any other's insight on this kind of prana happening. Just..wow.

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2011 :  11:45:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Natalia. I started practicing samyama about a month ago, and the experience for me is quite a bit like what you described. Samyama is hugely energetic for me, and I don't understand why either. I usually do it lying down after my meditation sit. And I usually put a pillow under my spine so that my back is slightly arched. No one told me to do this; it just felt right that way. "Love" feels like warmth and comfort. "Radiance" feels like I'm the sun itself. And "Akasha" feels like bubbles moving up through my body. I didn't expect samyama to be so very intensely energetic, so I'm also wondering what more experienced people have to say. (The "having sex with the universe" feeling happens to me during meditation. )

I also think it might be time for me to self pace a bit. I was listening to my iPod today, and a song came up that I hadn't heard in a really long time, and I started getting teary. It was "Tennessee Stud" sung by Johnny Cash. I do tend to get teary sometimes over music, but Johnny Cash? Sheesh! I mean really....
Go to Top of Page

Natalia777

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2011 :  12:06:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ha, yes, those subtle changes from practicing samyama. That is really what grabs me. I judge things by results, and when I see strong results, such as from this, I know it is solid substance. By practicing samyama on love and divine love, I have also felt that 'love toward everything' feeling, which also further enhances compassion (which I enjoy the Buddhist teaching on compassion). So I also find myself getting teary when I see certain things, lol. Not a bad thing! I spent a very long time very hardened, numb, and depressed. So to be able to openly care, show compassion, love, and even a tear is quite the result!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000