Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Stream of subtle vibration?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Vayu

USA
40 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  11:14:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,
Its been about a few weeks since I have been doing AYP atleast once a day without fail, and sometimes twice with a gap of maybe a few hours only in the evening(since Im having difficulty waking up early enough to squeeze in a morning practice before going to work).

Anyway, I noticed that while I do SBP, and DM, it feels like the sound of maybe 10s or 100s of very small bubbles bubbling/erupting inside my body every second at a constant rate. When I do SBP, this vibration trails with my awareness and when i do DM, I think it happens mostly in the upper part of my body and up to the 3rd eye area. My question is: is this stream of vibration normal, and what is this? Im pretty sure its not my bloodflow(which has a more gushing-like sound). Is this the nadis/nervous system opening/purifying? I understand that this is scenary but I'll be less distracted if I know what it is...

Also, I noticed that after running a mile or two, if I do bhastrika for 2 minutes intensely while resting and then do a kumbhaka(with throat-swallow bandha), an almost blackout feeling happens with a similar vibrational stream(except its maybe 50 times more intense and its everywhere throughout the body). It almost feels like I am launched/sling-shotted into outer space; its intense but incredibly peaceful at the same time. Lasts maybe about 2-3 mins (the duration of kumbhaka). So makes me wonder what this is.

No overloads yet though.

Edited by - Vayu on Aug 16 2011 11:37:52 PM

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  01:33:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Vayu
Anyway, I noticed that while I do SBP, and DM, it feels like the sound of maybe 10s or 100s of very small bubbles bubbling/erupting inside my body every second at a constant rate.

Is it like the sound of steam that comes off a hot sizzler? Like the sound of water drops when they immediately 'vaporize' when put on a very hot pan?

Go to Top of Page

Vayu

USA
40 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  1:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha the sound can also be described as the sound of those portable toy fan's blades making a soft vvvrrrrrr... sound as the rotate. But as the sound I hear gets more intense, it begins to become sharper(more trebble, less bass)? Too bad I can't record it with a microphone, lol.

The sound you described is very similar to the sound of pouring oil on a hot frying pan. The sound of water or oil boiling. The frequency or rate is almost just like that(very fast - faster than I can count anyway) . The difference is that the sound i notice is slightly less sharp/has less tremble/maybe more bass and ofcourse less loud. Good example Manigma :) Is this the sound of prana? Or nadis vibrating?

Edited by - Vayu on Aug 17 2011 1:26:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  2:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Is this the sound of prana? Or nadis vibrating?

I am not sure it could be prana or chi or nadis. I used to hear it few years ago during meditation. At that time I would also hear it in gym during my last set of lifting the weight rod. The more energy I would put in to pick weight... the more sizzling vapors.

I am also familiar with the blackout slingshot experience.

You are doing well.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  2:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Vayu

One comment.... please be careful using advanced kumbhaka like you described above. You may not feel overload right away as it can take weeks or months for overload to show up. I would recommend that you get well established in a stable and consistent daily AYP routine before engaging in advanced practices like that. I would also suggest that you take some time to inquire into exactly why you feel the need to engage in advanced practices like the kumbhaka exercise you described. Perhaps looking for some intense experiences? Perhaps trying to find a "shortcut?" Just my intuition that there may be something worth inquiring into there.

Best of luck.

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Vayu

USA
40 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2011 :  9:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Manigma and CarsonZi for the replies. In a way, I had been trying to seek out some intense experience that would give me enough bhakti to continue for a long term without any intense experience. As a beginner, I haven't experienced any spiritual states yet; so there is a huge mixture of curiosity and bhakti for experiencing what Kundalini awakening and/or enlightenment is. So, I would do that second thing when I would run a month ago. But then I stopped doing that after a week since 1) that is probably not a spiritual state besides maybe prana flowing(or not even that. maybe just the whole nervous system activated and nothing mystical/spiritual). and 2) its probably not sustainable over long term and might also be risky. It does feel incredibly peaceful though, especially the feeling of suddenly ending up in a completely different zone. So, nowadays, I just do baseline AYP to just purify the whole system first. I think things will happen when they are ready. With all the desire to practice, it's just hard to self-pace without having gone through any overload, which could be used as a gauge.

But for now, I'll just consider this to be either nervous system vibrating/purifying or maybe on the mystical side, prana flowing inside the nadis, and move on with my daily practice. Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  12:55:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I think things will happen when they are ready. With all the desire to practice, it's just hard to self-pace without having gone through any overload, which could be used as a gauge.

A river never runs quiet all the time. Sometimes its slow, sometimes fast, flooded...

When there's a great flow of water coming down from the mountains, the rivers get overloaded, the water rushes so fast that it breaks / crosses over the river banks and causes flood.

The energy in us is like the flow of water in a river. And the river has a fixed path, the flow of water carves this path and shape of the river.

But we are not a river, we are humans!

We have the power and intelligence to control the flow as well as shape our own path.

God created man in His own image. ~ Genesis

Edited by - manigma on Aug 18 2011 01:22:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Vayu

USA
40 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  09:25:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Manigma, now that you mentioned that, I remember that rivers, electrons and other things in nature like to take the path of least resistance. Its like in AYP, we are making the sushumna nadi the path of least resistance so that when a flood does happen, even then it will mostly flow inside without overflowing into other nadis too much. And I guess reducing the resistance / increasing the conductivity of this nerve happens with smooth daily practices over long term. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000