Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra Fading
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Thouqht

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2011 :  5:42:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello!

I am new to AYP but I am not new to meditation. I practiced various different kinds of meditation over a couple years and I really think that the whole AYP system is far and away the best out of anything else I've studied.

I'm beginning to get some very interesting results with Deep Meditation and I'm wondering if I should embrace them or let them go.

Essentially what is happening is that I begin to lose the "sound" of the mantra completely. I have the word sound in quotes because a sound is a vibration of air, and when we repeat the mantra in our heads, there is no air moving. The reason I make this distinction is because as I get deeper into my session, the "sound" quality of the mantra drops off.

Technically I am still with the mantra, but it ceases to sound like "I am" and instead fades into something akin to singular stream that I am continuously choosing to touch with my mind.

I am here to ask if that is a good thing, or something I should avoid letting occur. This feels very good and right, but I know AYP teaches to not get caught up in the "scenery" and I just want to find out if this is progress or just another type of scenery.

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  10:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Thought

Don't worry if the mantra becomes fuzzy and less distinct. It could become a feeling; vibration. Just carry on with the process of repeating it at whatever level it's at.

You may forget about the mantra, if so just pick it up at the level that is right for you. Once you pick it up it could be more distinct, the same, or less. The mantra will probably change a lot from session to session. Don't worry about it just carry on!

Take care
Go to Top of Page

Thouqht

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2011 :  11:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks woosa!

By the time you responded I already started to move towards the same conclusion, and what you said just confirmed it
Go to Top of Page

11jono11

United Kingdom
181 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2011 :  4:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would say that letting it go fuzzy/loosing the sound is definitely progress/a good thing.

Check these other posts, very relevant. http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9392

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=9428

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=8092

Hope this is of use

Love. x

Aum
Go to Top of Page

Thouqht

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2011 :  12:44:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ahh thank you jono, that was exactly what I was looking for! Also, I just realized that there is a search function on this site
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000