Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 discovering the spinal cord
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  06:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hiya,

I've kinda become a bit lost again with this spinal breathing milarky.

i need to discover my spinal cord.

sometimes i am aware of my organs, i don't really visualise them i simply see them.

i know visualisation is suggested at the start of practice. i suppose i'm looking for symptoms of purification to show somethings happening.

it seems pot luck at the moment whether i experience any deepening of ecstasy.

i've recently started doing tantra to encourage the exchange of sexual energies in the body.

with micro-cosmic orbit i quickly began watching the rising a falling energies. and there result.

maybe i want too much too quick, i guess i'm just looking for steady progress rather than chance purification.

sometimes when i'm doing spinal breathing i feel like i'm trying to push my whole body up and down (not good)

is it that my spine is so impure i simply can't move through it.

although i've experienced purification symptoms before.

i'm kinda on the middle way between science (hormones rising up and down the body - micro-cosmic orbit)

and spirituality the nervous system (felt sense)

i've cut right down on practice recently cos i'm going through a real klunky phase with tantra, i guess i'm prioritising this because i feel i've got some issues with my sexuality and my relationship with myself and the relationship of both to my psychosis.

i'm kinda dabbling in taoist practices by mantak chia, some very powerful transformation is going on.

i guess i just long for the simplicity of spinal breathing and DM.

but feel like i need to do this, i recently went to Spain on my own and i returned and got pretty unwell and my energy levels were really low. I thought awakening sexual power should help.

Joe

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  09:45:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Joseph

Before I came to AYP I read a book called Energy Work by Robert Bruce. In it he said to brush your hand on your other hand/ arm/ leg etc lightly for some time while following with your awareness. Keep following with your awareness but stop brushing your hand.

If you get results with that try and do it on your spine. It's a bit tricky doing it yourself! So if there is someone about that doesn't worry brushing you up then give that a go.

I have been spinal breathing for some time and some days the spine channel is clear, lop-sided, unresponsive in some areas. Just try your best and don't obsess over it. As long as you start breathing in with attention on your perineum and end breathing with awareness on the third eye.

Take care
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2011 :  12:37:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That makes absolute sense to me, thanks Woosa

Joe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000