Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 pranayama kundalini awakening??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jason082011

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  04:05:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i have used controlled breathing in the past but i have never really had any profound experience until yesterday morning... i had just read about opening the throat while breathing in and slightly closing the epiglottis while exhaling ... so i decided to try it ... after teaching myself how to open and close my throat, i made the choice to incorporate spinal breathing as well... after only two deep breath cycles, i felt what i could only describe as an extreme light-headedness ... but it was way more intense and in no way unpleasant. i could feel what seemed to be every nerve in my body reacting all at the same time... then it was as if i disconnected from myself and i was observing all this from a third-person point of view ... it was like i had an out-of-body experience but never lost awareness of my physical body ... i experienced a level of euphoria i could never have imagined ... then it was over .. all this happened within a period of what seemed to be about 15 seconds (could've been more or less ... i practically lost all sense of time)... could this have been a kundalini awakening??

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  04:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its an experience. I would regard it as scenery and not seek it nor avoid it, just do the practice with sensitivity and awareness and regularity
Go to Top of Page

jason082011

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  04:33:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i think it was definately a milepost on my journey
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  04:42:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's an opening one between many to follow afterwards. But I agree with Victor, it's best not to dwell on experiences and focus on daily practices. Practices bring experiences and not the other way around. I would also recommend to experience cautiously...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  07:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jason082011
then it was as if i disconnected from myself and i was observing all this from a third-person point of view ... it was like i had an out-of-body experience but never lost awareness of my physical body

Sounds like you hit the witness state. Its great isn't it?

A flash of lightning only gives you a glimpse of the road ahead and its surroundings. But this single glimpse is very precious. You have seen the road and you know it is there and that you are not wandering aimlessly. Your feet become firm, your will becomes strong, your resolve to reach your destination is hardened.

One flash of lightning and you get a glimpse of the road you have to pass, and of the temple which is your journey's destination. And soon the light is lost and you are again engulfed in jet black darkness; but now you are a different person, although you are standing on the same spot you were before the lightning happened. Now you are confident, and you know you are going to go ahead.

~Osho

A milestone indeed!!

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  09:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jason082011

i think it was definately a milepost on my journey

Hi Jason,

Yup, sounds to me like an enlightenment milestone. In his sticky on the topic Yogani writes:

"The great 19th century yogi, Lahiri Mahasaya put it in his own words this way: "Enlightenment is a merging of emptiness with euphoria."

Many who have been doing deep meditation and spinal breathing pranayama for a while will know that this simple statement is true."

Does that seem true to you?

Yogani goes on to write:

"Seeing milestones as we travel along can encourage us to keep up our practices."
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=285

Progress is most steady when we practice daily on our chosen path. The milestones inspire us to keep on practicing.

Welcome to AYP.

Edited by - bewell on Aug 18 2011 09:36:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

jason082011

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  4:06:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Originally posted by bewell:

The great 19th century yogi, Lahiri Mahasaya put it in his own words this way: "Enlightenment is a merging of emptiness with euphoria."

Many who have been doing deep meditation and spinal breathing pranayama for a while will know that this simple statement is true."

Does that seem true to you?

It is definately true to me ... I am amazed how totally opposite states can occupy the same domain simultaneously ...

---------------------

Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jason082011
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2011 :  9:48:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yup It is amazing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000