Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Focusing on the mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

soundsurf

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  8:48:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When I first started AYP deep meditation, I found myself visualizing 'ayam'. Out of curiosity, does anyone else do that? It didn't seem to be a problem.
But after the first couple weeks I don't really do that anymore, but I do tend to focus on the mantra as a way to clear my mind.. Is there a fine line between focusing on the mantra, and not focusing too much? I'm pretty good about not forcing anything, just to clarify. But I read on a forum topic someone saying something about not really paying too much attention to it, in relation to the whole breathing/mantra/don't line up the mantra with the breath thing. I find if I don't give the mantra enough focus when i think of it inbetween thoughts, the mantra will just kind of repeat itself in the background of my thoughts. What do you guys think?

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  07:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is normal that mantra goes on by itself while there are thoughts in background or foreground. This is pretty much my experience too. You shouldn't force anything. You are not to decide how much attention to put on mantra. It all happens by itself. You don't don't do anything other than favoring the mantra. So when there are other thought you favor mantra.
While you are favoring the mantra you are getting deeper with it and when you are deeper, in my experience, there is either mantra or thoughts. So experiences changes. Don't worry, favor the mantra:)
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  07:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi,

Visualizing AYAM I haven't done that but I think tis normal for the mantra to go in background..just favour the mantra i think nothing is wrong in visualising the mantra too but i havent done so
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000