New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  4:48:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
During DM we basically know that energy travels upwards. Is there any risk that sex function can be hindered this way, i.e. reduce erections? I read that sex function relies on energy being low, i.e. to the lower chakras, so theoretically, if energy goes up then it could interfere with sex function. Can this be correct? Anyone can elaborate on it?
Thank you,
CK

Edited by - AYPforum on Aug 01 2011 5:12:50 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  5:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  6:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No, thats not correct. All things with spirituality are an expansion of existing abilities.
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  6:43:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I understand but with spirituality rising we get many physical symptoms like bloated stomach, i.e. hindered digestion, etc, which nobody can deny this, as well as other physiological abnormalities, like pressure in the head, etc, thus it may be also valid to deduce that we may get abnormality in sexual function, at least while someone is on the path.
Just my own really thought on the topic. Any additional discussion, or points made to this I' d appreciate.
Thanks,
CK.
===
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2011 :  6:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think there can be temporary variations, but tantric sex kinda says it all.
But don't assume orgasms will always be in the same place. . .
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  02:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

I think there can be temporary variations, but tantric sex kinda says it all (...)

I think it's hardly possible to make love hour after hour without allowing the energy to oscillate, just like you can't make a long mountain hike without ascents and descents...
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  03:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Based on my own experience sex, like everything else, has only gotten better as my spiritual practice deepens. My male partner also has found that yoga/meditation has had a very positive effect on sexual function.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  07:06:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Any energetic shift or process that one experiences will commonly have a deep emotional counterpart causing an array of emotional, spiritual and physiological experiences. Deepened on the emotional undercurrents taking place this could cause a positive or negative outcome in ones life and in ones sexuality and sexual function. It is different for everyone
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  10:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kahlia

Any energetic shift or process that one experiences will commonly have a deep emotional counterpart causing an array of emotional, spiritual and physiological experiences. Deepened on the emotional undercurrents taking place this could cause a positive or negative outcome in ones life and in ones sexuality and sexual function. It is different for everyone

I see. I take this that any repressed emotions will come up to the surface and cause corresponding good, or bad effects which may also interfere with sexuality, at least in a temporary perspective, perhaps until cleared. These do involve Kundalini symptoms, I presume which can cause chaos to one' s physiological and emotional state, thus, I' d presume again, that indeed it may be dangerous someone lose sexuality as well as sexual function due to the stresses on the body due to K. symptoms?
Also, isn' t it a fact, that with spirituality rising there is a high risk of losing libido, i.e. losing the sexual desire, and/ or function, since at least this is what is written in spiritual texts, I have read someone may reach a level so passive they' d have no desire, or lust for sexual intercourse and we also hear this from a lot of monks who remain celibate quite for a lifetime, i.e. and thus, at some point on being easy for them to do so?
So, I'd seriously conclude there is a high risk of losing complete and total sexuality which may not be what we are actually bargaining for, as people generally would prefer they increase libido and not lose it all together. In other words, if someone ends up indifferent to whether they see in front of them a man, or a woman (depending on their sex/ gender), then I' d say that this is not really a good outcome, at least for those who are not ready
CK.
===
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  3:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chrisk, on the one hand it is true, as Kahlia points out, that people have different experiences of this and yes, there can be temporary disruptions in your sex life as well as other physiological and emotional disturbances along the spiritual path. However, having said that, with regard to the "spiritual texts" that you mention, this gets into a discussion which we had in another post regarding the misinterpretation of "bramacharya" which is all too prevalent in mainstream yoga, namely that sexuality is to be ignored, repressed or transcended. I completely refute that and so does AYP. Rather, sexual energy is a valuable element of our yoga practice and who we are as embodied spiritual beings. The desire or "lust" does evolve, as all our desires, to serve bhakti. In the course of this process there may be temporary loss of libido but that is not the ultimate outcome. Nor is "celibacy" from a yogic standpoint the absence of sex or libido; I can say this with some confidence, having been happily "celibate" for most of 14 years until I met my partner 6 years ago. In yoga everything is offered up, everything including sexuality becomes part of our spiritual practice. Libido when surrendered to bhakti becomes more intense and more satisfying. The goal is not to eliminate sex but to take it to another level. Yoga done properly leads eventually to wholeness, not dysfunction. See lesson T22: http://www.aypsite.org/T22.html

Edited by - Radharani on Aug 02 2011 3:55:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  4:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chrisk,
JamieRadha explained it very well....you may want to check the other thread she mentionned
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=10046
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  6:40:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Let thine eye be single and thy whole body shall be full of Light

Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  7:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
none

Edited by - Chrisk on Aug 04 2011 10:53:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  7:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JamieRadha

Based on my own experience sex, like everything else, has only gotten better as my spiritual practice deepens. My male partner also has found that yoga/meditation has had a very positive effect on sexual function.

I am talking msotly about advanced male practitioners and not so much for beginners.
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  7:34:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

I think there can be temporary variations, but tantric sex kinda says it all.
But don't assume orgasms will always be in the same place. . .

Depends on how you treat orgasms, male orgasm is far more complicated in spirituality than female orgasm.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  9:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chrisk, my male partner may be a "beginner" in terms of length of time doing the practice, but in terms of results I think his experience is relevant. He has been meditating for many years. He's been doing tantra for about 8 months and retaining his life force for weeks or more at a time for about 2 months. He has also begun experiencing vajroli along with kundalini rushes up the spine (i.e., orgasm turned upward) for a couple of weeks. Thus far, all of this has had a very positive effect on his sexual function! Keep in mind, however, my partner has always regarded sex as sacred and therefore has no emotional/spiritual block that might interfere with the process. If you happen to be one of the many people who has been deluded into believing that sex is un-spiritual, then it might not go as smoothly for you.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2011 :  11:13:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Depends on how you treat orgasms, male orgasm is far more complicated in spirituality than female orgasm.

Hmmm how so, what is your thinking behind this thought? How does one determine such a thing?

My thoughts are both the male and female orgasm are just as "spiritual" as each other.

Edited by - Kahlia on Aug 02 2011 11:49:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  10:10:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

force for weeks or more at a time for about 2 months...

...Keep in mind, however, my partner has always regarded sex as sacred and therefore has no emotional/spiritual block that might interfere with the process. If you happen to be one of the many people who has been deluded into believing that sex is un-spiritual, then it might not go as smoothly for you.

Hello,
I see, I beleive 2 months is a short time frame for such practices. Anyways, as for the un-spirituality of sex, it is not entirely true, there must exist some blocks in regard to sexuality, I think it is just one way of giving direction to this spiritual power as you mention it.
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  11:54:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kahlia

quote:

Hmmm how so, what is your thinking behind this thought? How does one determine such a thing?

My thoughts are both the male and female orgasm are just as "spiritual" as each other.

Male orgasm is more demanding energetically, more Yang.
CK.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2011 :  11:49:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisk

Male orgasm is more demanding energetically, more Yang.
CK.

Ah I see- thank you for clarifying.

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  01:36:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chrisk, you said:
"Anyways, as for the un-spirituality of sex, it is not entirely true, there must exist some blocks in regard to sexuality, I think it is just one way of giving direction to this spiritual power as you mention it."
I do not understand this sentence. WHAT "is not entirely true"? Please clarify. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  03:24:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kahlia ...both the male and female orgasm are just as "spiritual" as each other.

Well put. I prefer to focus more widely, on the giving, the partner, and the infinite world beyond - rather than duration, erection, or any special part of one of the bodies; that makes it easier to isolate the ejac. reflex from the orgasm itself. Then, male heart/head/wholebody orgasms become quite invigorating (and I guess, not very different from a similar female one).

I do agree AYP is an array of techniques, but just like in asana or meditation, the spirit shall ride the techniques when you're there - as opposed to being ridden/worried/obsessed by them, or by their consequences.
The yoga attitude is very helpful. Gently but firmly prefering the ecstatic upward flow to an ejac. is much like favoring a mantra in meditation; and, the "progress" in both keeps on coming in steps, over time...
L. & L.

Edited by - HathaTeacher on Aug 04 2011 03:39:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  10:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Chrisk, you said:
"Anyways, as for the un-spirituality of sex, it is not entirely true, there must exist some blocks in regard to sexuality, I think it is just one way of giving direction to this spiritual power as you mention it."
I do not understand this sentence. WHAT "is not entirely true"? Please clarify. Thanks.

Well, I was referring to the offspring for example, which might be a consequence of sex and have to be dealt with, as well as, if you read Human Psychology there is a whole array of mental processes, other deep, or other shallow which affect a person' s subsconcious due to the invovlement in sex acts, sex is not just a simple get in/ get out thing. This is what I was referring to which is a large subject.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  4:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Chrisk, I have an M.A. in Psychology so I am indeed aware of the issues you mention and that was kind of my point with regard to one's own personal perception of sexuality and its relationship to spirituality. In our culture we are unfortunately conditioned to regard sex as un-spiritual and depending on the extent to which we have bought into this, it may create blocks to our ability to engage sexual energy in our spiritual practice. My partner is Native American and his culture celebrates sex as spiritual, so this was an advantage for him in learning tantra and flowing with the energy. In any case I wish you all the best in your exploration of these matters and on your spiritual path! Blessings.
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  4:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Chrisk, I have an M.A. in Psychology so I am indeed aware of the issues you mention and that was kind of my point with regard to one's own personal perception of sexuality and its relationship to spirituality. In our culture we are unfortunately conditioned to regard sex as un-spiritual and depending on the extent to which we have bought into this, it may create blocks to our ability to engage sexual energy in our spiritual practice. My partner is Native American and his culture celebrates sex as spiritual, so this was an advantage for him in learning tantra and flowing with the energy. In any case I wish you all the best in your exploration of these matters and on your spiritual path! Blessings.

Yes, I agree with you. I also have a Minor in Psychology (about 6 courses) and I am furthering it now since it interests me. It is up to the individual to slowly develop an open mind, rather than follow, or listen to the commands of other people.
CK.
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  4:39:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Chrisk, my male partner may be a "beginner" in terms of length of time doing the practice, but in terms of results I think his experience is relevant. He has been meditating for many years. He's been doing tantra for about 8 months and retaining his life force for weeks or more at a time for about 2 months. He has also begun experiencing vajroli along with kundalini rushes up the spine (i.e., orgasm turned upward) for a couple of weeks. Thus far, all of this has had a very positive effect on his sexual function! Keep in mind, however, my partner has always regarded sex as sacred and therefore has no emotional/spiritual block that might interfere with the process. If you happen to be one of the many people who has been deluded into believing that sex is un-spiritual, then it might not go as smoothly for you.

Yes, the rushes up the spine etc, may be a small sign of developing spirituality, but in this field, I beleive hardly they determine that the path is nearing an end. It very much depends on the individual and the amount of blocks they have accumulated.
CK.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000