Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Breath of fire in asanas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boris

Norway
68 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2011 :  6:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit boris's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello,I am new to asanas.I want a small easy routine before doing AYP.
Anybody here have experience with doing breat of fire in asanas?I understand it makes the asanas MUCH more effective.Anyway here is the routine I will do before my daily AYP routine.Is it an ok routine?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsSW...ature=relmfu
Breath of fire :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsEZ...ature=relmfu

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  03:03:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Boris
in AYP breath of fire (kapalabathi)is not practiced...it is better not to mix ....
personally in the past i have done it for years...it should be done after asanas...( in raja yoga asanas is done then pranayama ...this is the order)...and only as a separate practice not during holding the postures...you may try that if u want but watch out for overloading ...
all the best
Go to Top of Page

marcplatters

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  1:54:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit marcplatters's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think this might help you out. Breath of Fire is rapid, rhythmic and continuous. We sat up straight and put your hands in prayer position, palm to palm, eyes narrowed, we look and the concentration at the eyebrows.

Inhalation and exhalation is done through the nostrils, without pause between them. It should prompt the air from the navel and solar plexus. To clear the air we must forcefully bringing the navel and solar plexus to the spine, contracting the diaphragm rapidly.

To breathe naturally relax the upper abdominal muscles, diaphragm downward and the air goes smoothly.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  2:51:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
actually no....the posture is seated... the wrists are resting on the knees ... the index and thumb are in Chin Mudra(index to middle of thumb) keeping the other fingers relaxed...the eyes are closed and no concentration is used during the pumpings....
during breath retention one may focus between the eyebrows.
quote:
Inhalation and exhalation is done through the nostrils, without pause between them. It should prompt the air from the navel and solar plexus. To clear the air we must forcefully bringing the navel and solar plexus to the spine, contracting the diaphragm rapidly

good description
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2011 :  02:30:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The YouTube video above shows Bhastrika for the most part, FYI.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000