Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Trouble with Siddhasana
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  8:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Lately I have begun working on sitting in Siddhasana, but I can't seem to figure out what to do with the top foot. I understand that the bottom foot is supposed to press into the area of the root chakra, and that the top foot is supposed to press into the chakra area of the Svadhisthana chakra, but I can't figure out how to do that without painfully crushing my testicles between my ankles. Does anyone have any advice on performing this asana without damaing one's self?

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2009 :  11:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello CWL, welcome to the forums

Personally, I just let my "top" foot rest on the bed (or floor if I'm meditating on the floor). This probably isn't the official/correct way to do siddhasana, but it works fine for me. It also helps that I perform it on a soft surface (on bed, sitting on pillow).

Sometimes I will *slightly* tuck the top foot under part of my other shin. Not the whole foot, just the edge and some toes.

Hope this helps!

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

RuiBarreira

Portugal
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2009 :  3:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit RuiBarreira's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
try to "tuck" the foot between the gemini and the muscle in back of the leg (sorry for bad english), slide the scrotum right side, u should be clear...

Jay Ma
Go to Top of Page

yogalearner

India
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  08:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I dont know if its alright but recently my testicles get tucked into my inguinal canal. then i simply put my right heal on the upper root of my penis.
Actually once you tuck your testicles into inquinal canals(both side) all you are left with is your shaft and empty sack. Now if you spread this sack into inner side of your perinium you create vulva like structure. now put your left heal in this partial cavity like females do in siddha yoni asana. next if your shaft is completely flaccid you can completely push it inside so it will resemble clitoris. so with right heal you should completely push this pseudo clitoris into pubic cavity.
actually an extremely flaccid penis will mostly contain it top bulb.
Go to Top of Page

marcplatters

USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  2:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit marcplatters's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This asana (posture) is performed mostly by the siddhas -semi divine being. This is the reason why this posture is called siddhasana.
Technique:
1. Sit with legs extended.
2. Bend left leg and place its heel against perineum (the area between genitals and anus).
3. Fold the right leg and fix its heel against the pubic bone.
4. Insert the outer edge of the foot,sole upturned, in the fold between the calf and thigh of the left leg,
5. Make an attempt to rest buttocks, thighs and knees on the floor.
6. Make a ring of index finger with middle of thumb, the other three fingers remaining straight (GyanMudra) and rest the wrists on respective knees.
7. Fix gaze either at mid-eyebrows or at tip of nose, as preferred.
8. Continue sitting in this attained stable posture as long as it is comfortable for the practiser.
9. Repeat the posture by reversing the legs.
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2011 :  3:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what yogalearner suggests is not part of AYP. As an 'other practice' I also don't know how safe it is, given that the structures alongside the blood vessels helping the blood up can be vulnerable (from my experience), not to mention overheating and its associated risks if any.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000