Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Mantak Chia's system good for health only?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wanders

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  04:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've seen mantak Chia's works reccomended for a Taoist system but after reading some of the book and reading his articles it seems the system s only for health purposes. Is there any spiritual development involved? Are people known to cultivate siddhis with this work? I'm not solely concentrating on siddhis but I do see them as milestones on the path. Are these things cultivated in Chia's approach?

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  10:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wanders :)
You might want to post that question on the Tao Bums forum..
http://www.thetaobums.com/

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  12:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Not all Taoists are training for enlightenment, there can be varying reasons why they train.Generally it can be for personal health, the ability to 'heal' others,as a means of enlightenment or to gain siddhis.A friend of mine who trains with John Chang the Taoist of the Mo Pai tradition told him that you can train for spiritual reasons or for power and that he trains for power.John has his own clinic where he treats clients with acupuncture often simply with his fingers by sending chi down the acupuncture points. His abilities are well recorded on Youtube.
I read on another blog that Mantak Chia's training was not completed before his Sifu passed on but I don't know how true it is but one thing is for certain one needs guidance from an experienced teacher for some of the exercises just as one does for some yoga techniques.One needs as much time devoted to Chi Gung as meditation to achieve results.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Wanders

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2011 :  5:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. I have already posted to Tao Bums and pretty much got the same answers :). I guess I'll just have to practice the system and see. I am looking for an energy work system that is powerful and effective and not just for healing the body, but for spiritual development.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000