Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev or Isha Foundation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  12:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A friend pointed me to this guru from India. His name is Jaggi Vasudev and his organization is called Isha Foundation. They teach what is called "Inner Engineering" which is similar to AYP. I went through the below interview videos on youtube and he sounds interesting. The initial 10 seconds is in local language but rest is in english.

Part-1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EYsE8OOyQA

Part-2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3eloM8ui_8

- Near

Edited by - nearoanoke on Jul 07 2011 12:50:37 PM

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2011 :  1:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I especially liked the below discussion in Part-1 from 6:50 minutes onwards.

Sadhguru: There is only one thing you are capable of knowing. What is inward, what is Outward. (Laughs and says) Right now sitting with me if you get enlightened you'll even lose that privilege. I lost that. I dont know what is inside and what is outside. What is inside is all over the place and what is outside is inside. Tell me right now where am I? Where do you see me?
Host: Points to Sadhguru sitting opposite to her
Sadhguru: You got it wrong. I am a mistake. This light is falling on me, the image going through your eyes, inverted image on the retina..you know the whole story. Now tell me where am I?
Host: In my eyes
Sadhguru: Where do you see me?
Host: Inside me
Sadhguru: Where do you hear me?
Sadhguru: Where do you experience the whole world?
Sadhguru: Are you capable of knowing anything outside of yourself?
Host: No
Sadhguru: Your whole experience of life happens within yourself. Light and Darkness. Pleasure and Pain. All happens within you. Even if somebody touches your hand like this (he touches her hand), you think you are feeling my touch. No. You only know the sensations that happen in your hand. So your whole experience of life is inward

- Near
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  11:28:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jaggi Vasudev is Nr.1, like him very very much :)
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  1:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Isn't it? Isn't it so"

Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2011 :  04:00:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Says those videos are not available anymore :/

Seen his videos on youtube before though and liked him too
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000