Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 More weird stuff
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wisya

United Kingdom
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  02:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi folks. We all have thoughts bubbling up when we meditate usually along the lines of 'did I remember to put out the garbage' or 'I wonder what's for dinner. Damn. I am, I am, I am...'

But often I get thoughts of a completely different nature. What I get is pieces of other peoples conversations. It is like I'm eavesdropping on people talking. It is as if I'm moving though space and as I pass people I can't see I pick up a bit of what they are saying. It fades in then out but always very clear. It is usually in English and in a variety of accents. I once picked up a very strong male American accent saying, 'it'll be good to have Jill working with us...'. I sometimes get both sides of the conversation also.

This morning I had the strongest experience of this ever. But this time I also got something else. I was picking up whole crowds of people, something that sounded like an airport or train station, a radio tuning through static and a crowd cheering at some sort of game. To be honest, it was awesome.

Can someone explain this please?

Regards Wisya

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  04:38:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had this for around 6 months and it no longer happens. Audible scenery I suspect and probably due to a strong preference for the audible. Are you easily distracted by sounds and find back ground music can sometimes pull your focus?

It is quite funny to hear this illusion, it's like being a mind reader in x-men. Just let it happen and favour the mantra as always.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  05:29:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nice experience but treat as scenery and just enjoy them Yeah the mind can pick up conversations and stuffs like that:) but coming back to the mantra is always good and prefer it that way.

Love n Light

Note:others might put more of inputs on this.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  05:38:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it happened to me few times....but as vijikr said ...i dont find them intresting ...lolll
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  06:09:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I get it quite a bit:

Once I had a vision of a stereotypical farmer in a lumberjack shirt holding three! pigs under his arm and he did his other arm out to the side and said this is the way.

I am sure he was chewing hay as well.

Another time I was facing a camel for a while that was chewing away with a stern look on its face.

Very weird.

I think maybe you are so relaxed you are on the borderline of sleep so you start dreaming while awake. Hence, the sound and vision.

That's my theory, but I don't really care. Just keep practicing.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  08:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's clairaudience, the ability to hear things from great distances. I've always had that and clairvoyance, seeing things as others have mentioned, since I was little. They don't happen in meditation though as I am not concentrating on my senses. What misleads us is those things seem important, but they are not. Sometimes you can see something from the future, but that is not important either.
It's all scenery. It is only important from an ego point of view.

This is all part of the ego wanting to put things on a pedestal and worship them. First it is visions because they seemed rare. Then when the ego learns visions aren't rare, it wants to worship only visions from god. Then when it learns visions from god are not rare, it builds religions to "prove" why my visions from god are real and yours are not.
What the ego can never understand is that everyone can receive visions or other messages from God, and it's not a special thing that you proclaim to the world and put yourself on a pedestal for.
The truth is that messages we receive from God are for the receiver only. They are not for the purpose of telling everyone what they should do with their lives.
I'm not saying God has never sent messages that are meant to be given to everyone, but I have never received that kind, and I suspect it may be the ego blowing up the importance of things because that's what egos do.
After all, if everyone received messages from God, why would one message be more important than another?
The inner guru is in everyone, not just special people.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jul 16 2011 08:44:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  10:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What interesting experiences. I'd like to say I wish I could experience it also but I think it might scare me too much. Incredible what the mind is capable of though. What a great site we have here.
Best to all,
L
Go to Top of Page

mathurs

United Kingdom
197 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  05:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Etherfish,
Hi I love this sentence at the bottom from your comment:

The inner guru is in everyone, not just special people.

Just great! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  07:51:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by woosa

Another time I was facing a camel for a while that was chewing away with a stern look on its face.

LMAO at the thought of that stern faced Camel
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  12:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it reminded of The Adventures of Tintin...there is one story where a camel keeps on spitting at the face of Captain Haddock
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  2:02:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Wisya...

I went through something very similar near the beginning of my AYP journey. I wrote about it here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4358 perhaps something in there will be interesting to you.

Love!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000