AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Sahaj Marg, Mooji
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jenniferad

47 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  12:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have a very good friend who practiced meditation in the Sahaj Marg (http://www.sahajmarg.org/homepage) tradition for many years. She used to be a preceptor in that organization, but in the past couple of years the approach no longer worked for her. I also have meditated using the Sahaj Marg method and found it quite powerful. I went twice to Denmark and attended their gatherings. Meditating in silence with thousands of people is beautiful, quieting and healing. I really needed the healing and I am grateful for the opportunity, and to Chariji.

However, the system is rather rigid. One of the things I love about AYP is the openness and the understanding that the guru is indeed in each person.

A few weeks ago I told my friend about AYP and she was very happy to learn about it. She said she has been drawn lately to a non-dual teacher named Mooji, and she actually has naturally started meditating using "I am." I just laughed at that.

Anyway, I thought I would share Mooji's website in case anyone would like to look at it.

http://www.mooji.org/index.html

Jennifer

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  01:00:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I tried Sahaj Marg for a couple of months as I had a group nearby my place. I didnt like the following things

- Guru Centered than self-directed practice
- The Lineage of 3 gurus so far and possible loss of some of the original teaching; I read couple of books written by their current guru (Chariji) and wasnt really impressed
- The Concentration on heart chakra felt like a concentration practice than a letting go practice

They have a sizeable group and I requested the group leader if I can join their group meditation sessions but practice AYP deep meditation and he said no
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000