New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  2:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Was Jesus in need of a fan club? I wonder what value his autograph would have?

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 14 2011 10:21:43 PM

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  5:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It sounds brain damage....
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2011 :  6:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jesus was a drummer. He drew large crowds with his bongos. He had a baritone voice but became a superstar due to his other qualities. A Saint that's sad is a sad Saint.
Go to Top of Page

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  10:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The coconut seems to have no water....
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  6:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
a far superior product awaits ye via breatharianism
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  7:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The party has started ---- Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 14 2011 3:56:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  11:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
you seem to be trolling the forum,

we really don't want a circus here
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  01:06:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dane...the forum is about yoga
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  01:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Posted - Jul 07 2011 : 12:09:50 AM
Welcome danebramage!

If by "ashram" you mean a permanent physical facility, no, not yet. Maybe someday.

We do have periodic retreats occurring around the world. You can find them via the link in the top left border of any page on this website. If you attend one of these, you will get a good (and lasting) taste of what AYP is about -- the cultivation of abiding inner silence, ecstatic bliss, and outpouring divine love in unity.

Wishing you all the best on your chosen path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING?
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  01:59:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've read most of the lessons and listened to all of the audio's, radio interviews etc. I haven't found anything new in any of this. I'm only investigating this place. I hope that meets with your approval.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  03:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been practicing yoga for over 40 years, so what's that?, about 10 years before you were born? I apologize if you find my style irrelevant.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  11:00:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Dane:

The point being made is that this is a support forum for avid yoga and spiritual practitioners -- for receiving it or giving it. Either end of that you would like to be on is fine. Nearly everyone here is on both ends, because we never stop learning, no matter how advanced we may be.

The support is not only for AYP. Many teachings and traditions have been discussed in depth, including the various flavors of kriya yoga. We endeavor to keep the discussions on AYP support and other systems separated in the appropriate forum categories to avoid confusion between the various approaches to spiritual practice.

If you are here to share your many years on the path, then I am sure many can benefit. And who knows? you might even learn something. I am on the path 40 years also, and learn something every time I visit the forums. There are practitioners at all levels of experience and from many backgrounds here, and everyone has something to offer.

On the other hand, if you are only here to push other people's buttons for your own entertainment, then you are probably in the wrong place, and it will not last.

It's up to you. All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  11:07:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow. Yep, you've been practicing yoga longer than I've been alive. (I'm 38.)

But you're not very good at communicating. Your posts leave me scratching my head with a big "HUH?" rolling around inside.

I've been practicing yoga for a grand total of 3 months, and I barely know my own mind, let alone anyone else's. So you've got to spell it all out. We're all here to support each other in our AYP practices. Since you don't need support, maybe you could support us. But you've got to take the time to put instantaneous thought and intuition down into ordinary English, so that newbies like me can figure out what the heck you're talking about.
all the best,
--Liz
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  12:54:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I don't take myself as serious as others do. A little light hearted shenanigans is evidently not appreciated but how could anybody think "Will Apes ever learn gardening" is a deep philosophical question? I certainly don't want to add to anybodies illusion and I never reply flippantly to another persons post.

I confess I was rolling on the floor laughing at some of the things I read in here at first so I wanted to join in the fun but apparently nobodies laughing but me. It's only psycho-babble to me.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  1:44:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love a little joking around also. The problem with it on the net is things don't translate too well. No inflections, no smiles. I personally don't think you mean to belittle an idea given to the world that helps people like me who have no access to this stuff otherwise. It's obvious that you've lived a much more interesting and exciting life than me. I'll bet I could learn a lot from you as I have from so many others on this. I hope you offer some salient advice soon. I need all I can get.
Thank you,
L
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  2:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My advice is meditate ceaselessly. Everything you are yearning for will be found as your vibrations rise and tune in to a much higher realm than anything my gibberish could ever offer. Follow the teaching. Continue your practice. Deepen your convictions to improve. This is a lifestyle not a hobby.
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  2:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe we do take things too seriously. It's hard to tell when someone is poking fun or just having fun -- until you get to know the person better. I hope you decide to stick around.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  2:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
By the way, if a Chimp did learn gardening that may offer him more time to contemplate the meaning of this, that & the other.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  2:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just want to mention that it is not the AYP method to meditate ceaselessly. Following Yogani's methods meditation should be done a short time, twice a day. Otherwise it will lead to energy overload which is discussed in "self pacing", and many forum topics.

Also, what may seem to be "psycho-babble" to one person, could be genuine learning to another. There is no absolute single source of truth. That's why we need to find our inner guru, who will guide us.
There are some teachers whom I feel are just narcissistic and laughable. But then i have seen people on this forum whom I know are farther along than me, claim to have learned a lot from those teachers.
So we need different things at different times, and since God is in everyone, sometimes he teaches from the most unlikely of sources.
That's also why AYP doesn't allow "guru bashing".
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  3:00:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I learn as much from young children as I do from a Holy Man. Being childlike is not being childish tho' only I can't resist. Avoiding predicates seems important. You flatter me liz and I don't embarrass easily.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  4:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Correct me if I'm wrong Dane but are you playing with a bit of Satori? If so, it's very enjoyable.
Thanks,
L
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  4:44:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope I'm "catching on" if only at Kensho. It'll take someone smarter than me to figure out what I'm doing. Some days are better than others in this endless endeavor. There's no way I can walk away from it and believe me I've tried. It's always right in front of me so I decided to give up and win.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  4:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I spoke to a Monk once who told me he had experienced cosmic consciousness. He was probably in that state while talking to me. I dropped and begged him to give that to me. He only said "You're out of balance". So, like I've said, I keep cranking away with the techniques hoping I someday find that balance.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  5:03:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That implies that at one point there was something behind you...
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  6:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought it was my wife back there behind me but after she read Swami Sri Yukteswar's little pocket book entitled "The Holy Science" she ran away with a cop to Texas. She was a medical doctor who agreed with Sri Yukteswar's findings but not mine. Waking up with a Dr. has tremendous benefits. I highly recommend that also.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  6:49:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Waking up is always good...

But in the end... The person in the bed next to you is always very familiar.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000