New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  7:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's an abstract concept. I wanna really wake up and I don't care who's next to me or if anybody is next to me but I suppose everybody will be there next to me but that shouldn't be a problem unless they're all still asleep but I haven't heard any complaints about my snoring yet. Maybe I'm silently snoring. Now if that's not psycho-babble nothing is.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  7:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff

Waking up is always good...

But in the end... The person in the bed next to you is always very familiar.

Do you mean familiar from the root word "family", or a witch's familiar, being a supernatural spirit in her cat?
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2011 :  11:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

quote:
Originally posted by jeff

Waking up is always good...

But in the end... The person in the bed next to you is always very familiar.

Do you mean familiar from the root word "family", or a witch's familiar, being a supernatural spirit in her cat?

Very interesting question... I had meant that when one "ultimately" wakes up, there is only one, so that you will know the other person.

So to your question... It could be both...

Edited by - jeff on Jul 11 2011 12:13:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  01:35:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I spoke to a Monk once who told me he had experienced cosmic consciousness. He was probably in that state while talking to me. I dropped and begged him to give that to me. He only said "You're out of balance". So, like I've said, I keep cranking away with the techniques hoping I someday find that balance.

questioner:can you give me enlightnement?
Ramana Maharshi: i can give it to you but can you take it?
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2011 :  11:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure I would've blown a fuse big time if Bhaktinanda had laid cosmic consciousness on me and I probably wouldn't have known what was happening anyway.
Go to Top of Page

djc28

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  5:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by danebramage

I'm sure I would've blown a fuse big time if Bhaktinanda had laid cosmic consciousness on me and I probably wouldn't have known what was happening anyway.

I heard a story from a guru that around 6,000 years ago in India they came up with some sort of a pill or something that when taken, it would open up all your chakras and you would experience god consciousness. Well someone tried it and that person died instantly and their body basically disintegrated because their nervous system wasn't prepared for that level of consciousness. It's like watering a tomato plant with the whole ocean!!

Edited by - djc28 on Jul 14 2011 5:36:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  7:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
or lighting a 60 watt bulb with a nuclear reactor. P. Yogananda said there's enough energy in one human cell to run Chicago for a week. I could handle the Sun in my back pocket for a minute or two.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  7:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's what E=MC2 is about. The energy in a particle is equal to it's mass times the speed of light squared. But that doesn't mean the energy is easily accessible. The atomic bomb took hundreds of thousands of people to purify the radioactive fuel and build them.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  10:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sri Yukteswar states in "The Holy Science" there is no time or space. They like to keep things as confusing as possible, either that or the enlightened few are playing with a different deck than everybody else. Sri Yukteswar could make his body as big or as small as he wanted.

He said that helped wear shirts he hadn't worn in years. I guess that was his way of telling a joke. The Holy Science is the most over-powering book I ever read. I've read The Autobiography of a Yogi at least a dozen times. I should have it memorized soon.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  07:04:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
scraches my head and wonders is this what happens when one get enlightened????????

Edited by - vijikr on Jul 16 2011 07:32:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  12:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Minister at the Church of Self-Realization Fellowship I attend has been at this most of his life said "They know everything about nothing". I think this type of talk adds to the riddle. Sri Yukteswar's Holy Science book explains the facts that cause the riddle.

I can learn everything there is to know about water. I can get in it and experience it but I can't tell somebody else what it's like if they don't already know. Evidently, enlightenment is no longer needing to know the nature of "Nothing".
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  2:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
seeing the unseen
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2011 :  2:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are hundreds of different flavors - words trying to describe things that cannot be put into words. To use brain's example; hundreds of ways of describing water using examples of dry things. . .
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  03:37:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, that's good Fishyji. What would the word "Wet" mean to someone who's never seen or felt water.

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 17 2011 03:39:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  07:12:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by danebramage

Hey, that's good Fishyji. What would the word "Wet" mean to someone who's never seen or felt water.

I'm presuming you mean a human when you say someone because if so that question would be beyond hypothetical as we are 'of water'.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  08:04:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ironically, a fish would not be a good one to describe water.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  03:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That water bit was only an analogy. How would a fish describe air? How would a human describe Ether?
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  11:22:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
unless one becomes one with it.....
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  1:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I reckon Nemo would have a good go and Dorian speaks Whale. I've never found the average fish a good conversationalist and they are pretty dull at dinner parties. The most you get out of them is 'bubble'.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2011 :  3:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey karl, you'll merge with the Infinite easy. You've got a witty sense of humor too. Jonah got lucky but was spit back out for some reason.
Go to Top of Page

JDas

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2011 :  11:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit JDas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi braindamage!
Got a FB account?
Will you be my friend?
Go to Top of Page

JDas

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2011 :  11:06:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit JDas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I want more of you.
Can't get enough of your words.
Do you write poetry?
I bet you do. I bet you got a whole secret trove of poetry.
Would you sent it to me, please?!
I need to know more, much more. I'm hungry for your words.
Tks!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  12:17:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

quote:

I reckon Nemo would have a good go and Dorian speaks Whale. I've never found the average fish a good conversationalist and they are pretty dull at dinner parties. The most you get out of them is 'bubble'.

Ha ha. What i mean is you can't fully understand or describe what you are immersed in and never leave.
A fish couldn't describe water. Likewise people are fully immersed in illusion and duality.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2011 :  05:45:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you describe anything? It's a conundrum isn't it? We describe everything with reference to something else yet ultimately we do not know the true nature of Anything It's funny that we accept what we see and give names and identities to things. We even try and give lack of things an identity which is funnier still, very abstract. This is the hole where the apple fits.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2011 :  4:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Words are all most of us have. These lesson describe techniques with words but the experience or the results the lessons provide isn't easily described in words. Some sects never use words. A day of silence is a helpful technique useful in examining our thoughts. I'm going silent.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000