Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Scared to start meditating again
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gemini1

South Africa
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  04:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

I posted 2months ago asking advice after I experienced terrible fatigue when doing DM. I got some great advice and decided to stop meditating for a few weeks. I feel great and was thinking about starting again, this time with the Breath Meditation, only a few minutes, adding a lot of rest afterwards. BUT, I am scared to start again, what if I get the overload again ? I really feel good now, real balanced on an emotional level as well. Don't you guys think that some people just aren't suppose to meditate ?

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  05:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Gemini,

The best part of AYP, in my opinion, is the tag line - The Guru is in you. So whether you return to meditation, what type is best for you is entirely up to you. Consult your inner guru. You do not feel quite ready, still a little scared? Wait some more. Wanna give it another shot? Take baby steps, a few minutes at a time and see where that leads you. No pressure.

Good luck
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  06:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gemini1,

not everyone is supposed to meditate, otherwise everyone would =P But obviously in your case, meditation is a real possibility.

If applied correctly, meditation will increase the quality of your life to unimaginable levels. This is what will happen first and it will fluctuate with some ups and downs along the road, but with the overall tendency to get better and better with no end in sight in getting better =)

So you are invited to start with meditation again, but this time with more safety, in other words as SeySorciere hinted out, with little amounts per day. The purification will be more gentle and the results may come a little later, but very smoothly.

It is better to keep some little amounts of meditation practice per day with sure results to arise over the years than none at all.

Wish you all success and smooth and happy practicing :)
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2013 :  06:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gemini,

Not everyone is ready to meditate. It depends if you have the calling or not.

Why do you want to start again?
Go to Top of Page

digofarias

Brazil
63 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2013 :  06:19:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gemini,

You talked about "fatigue". It is very vague. Could you describe precisely what you felt? Is it something to do with overloading?

Bliss,

Rod

Edited by - digofarias on Feb 19 2013 06:30:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Gemini1

South Africa
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  05:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rod,the symptoms that I've been experiencing was the same as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Terrible tiredness, bodyaches, depression and irratabilty. I also experienced Kundalini syndrome symptoms like the intense body heat and nausia, especially when doing physical exercises or any spiritual activity. It is only now after 2months of no physical exercise, meditation, yoga or energy healing work, that I feel good again. I would really like to start meditating again, I love the stillness and connection with the Devine, but I must say that I am very hesitant. Therefore my question, that isn't it better for over-sensitive people to not do DM?
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  07:28:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gemini,
Sounds like you are being drawn to meditation. My advice would be to try it - in mini doses. How about just 5 min of DM or breath meditation followed by 10-15 min rest?

What if the overload happens again is your question.. No way to know, is there? What if it doesn't? If it begins, at the earliest sign of it, make modifications.. Fear of overload can exacerbate overload IMO. If taken in stride as part of the process (especially now that you know what helps with those symptoms), it is seen to be what it is.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  08:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gemini,

I would agree with Kami except to say that not much can be achieved through meditation in 5 mins, so I would go with 10 to 15 mins of breathing meditation and gradually increase that to 20 to 25 mins over time.

If things stay stable after a few weeks or months you could add in some spinal breathing, starting at 2 mins abd building up to 5 mins.

If things are stable in 6 months or so you could look to building up slowly to a standard practice routine of 15 mins SBP and 20 mins DM and take it from there.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000