Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Kaleidoscope!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  11:39:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

For the last week or so, there is a "sense" of specific colors arising in samyama - specific colors associated with the sutras.

"Love" = green, like grass, "Radiance" = bright green with yellow in it, "Unity" = bluish green, "Health" = dark pink with some green, "Strength" = bright yellow, "Abundance" = dark green, "Wisdom" = dark blue, "Inner sensuality and akasha" = different greens.. A lot of green here I have some additional sutras (vairagya, viveka, surrender, etc), each associated distinctly with varying colors, moving in and out as if looking through a kaleidoscope.

It is not a color actually seen externally, but just an internal sense of it.. Probably fleeting scenery.. Seems to happen sometimes with external objects as well - people, trees, etc - a sudden flash of color around them..

Wonder if anyone else has had this happen?

Thanks

Goodway

USA
99 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  12:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're seeing your subtle body activity, and yes. When you see it around external objects, it is more than likely your own subtle body in that it is not a property of the external object. With other living beings, however, as you become conscious of your own subtle body, you also become aware of other people's subtle bodies. Be careful not to confuse yourself with the object.

Edited by - Goodway on Feb 21 2013 12:19:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2013 :  2:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't sense colors during samyama, but I do feel sensations at different locations of the body.

Love is felt in the chest, kind of building up.
Radiance is felt in the chest, kind of blasting out.
Unity -- I don't feel this one.
Health -- I feel this one closer to the pelvis.
Strength -- I feel this on in the solar plexus.
Abundance -- I don't feel this one.
Wisdom -- I don't feel this on either.
Inner sensuality -- I feel this one all over, starting in the pelvis.
Akasha, lightness of air -- This one is felt, but there's no location to it.

(BTW... I do see colors during meditation -- mostly indigo and purple, sometimes yellow and green.)

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2013 :  04:26:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been seeing a lot of colours in meditation as well lately and They are so beautiful, so playful and pleasurable, I have to make an effort not to be lost in their scenery and to favour the mantra.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000