Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Passage towards death and deep meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mithuna

France
7 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2023 :  11:47:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My uncle was a Christian theologian, well versed in all aspects of Eastern spirituality. He practiced deep meditation and had taught it to me for many years. I was very happy to find the heart of this practice in Yogani's teachings.
Having the chance to accompany him in his last moments, I was able to live a unique experience, fruit of years of meditation and immersion in inner silence. There actually came a time when he could no longer speak, but in the inner silence, beyond images and words, I always felt a real communion. The hospital psychologist couldn't understand how I could spend hours with him without speaking, while he seemed to be slipping imperceptibly into unconsciousness.
I explained to him that I shared with him an inner space, much deeper and more real than words and images, in which there was continuity not only with our dialogues, but with the most authentic result of everything he taught me. In these moments I truly became aware of the diamond that was inner silence, described in a thousand different ways by all the mystics who had such an experience, then related by each one according to their spiritual culture, since this reality is at the heart of beyond any mental or verbal representation.
We are Westerners, imbued with sometimes very naive and sometimes very subtle representations of post-mortem persistence. For those who do not experience the reality of inner silence intimately, the distinction between the emptiness and the fullness of this reality is incomprehensible even though it is indeed reality.
At the moment of his death strangely, I had the feeling of a continuity in the inner silence, as if space and time were shortening to a point before expanding again towards an ocean of freedom opening new magnificent paths.
I can only admire, congratulate and thank the considerable work carried out by Yogani, in AYP , opening the doors of inner silence and fleicity free of charge to all those who wish to follow this path.

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2023 :  9:11:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Mithuna

This is so beautiful thank you so much for sharing. I know from my own experiences that my fear of death has diminished greatly, particularly after my body became conductive and inner silence palpable on a daily basis. There is a knowing in me the shushumna is but the tip of a tentacle that extends "home" beyond the crown, and that we leave our bodies through the crown at death. Every time in DM when the body temporarily drops away, for me it is a taste of mini-death. Perhaps repeated samadhi is like immersion therapy that dissolves the fear of our inevitable passing.

Edited by - Dogboy on Dec 17 2023 9:15:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2023 :  2:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mithuna -

Thank you for your beautiful written post. While it is impossible to describe the experience of inner silence and emptiness, your words are suggestive and carry meaning beyond language. Being present with someone at the time of death opens a window to infinite. Unconditional love does the same. Even after the experience passes, its effect persists and bringing awareness to it amplifies it.

Deep gratitude to Yogani for the incredible gift of the AYP.
Go to Top of Page

mountainrange

Sweden
12 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2023 :  6:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mithuna,

Thanks for this post.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000