Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Numb inside
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LucienneK

Canada
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  12:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I have been practicing AYP for around 2 years now and have been lucky enough to have a wonderful teacher as a husband for most of my inquiries but this one I wanted to see if anyone else has had experience with it.

I am currently reading "Secrets of Wilder" (great book by the way! ) and have also read on here descriptions from many people of feeling the energy in the body, how they can feel the currents running through them or feelings of buzzing in chakras.

As I mentioned, I have been practicing for a while now and have yet to "feel" this energy. I do on the other hand tend to go into overload super easy. It's like I am able to get the "negative" side of having energy flowing but not any of the "positives"

I'm wondering if it's possible to have energy flowing but not be aware of it or to "feel" it yet?

Shouldn't it be more balanced? If your sensitive to the energies wouldn't you be more sensitive to the overload? And vise versa? Lack of feeling meaning less overload?

Could I have always had energy flowing but am so used to it I don't see it anymore? Or am I just numb to it?

Has anyone else had experience with this?

Thank you everyone!
Deanna

Edited by - LucienneK on Jun 11 2011 1:02:15 PM

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  1:59:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Our energy is always flowing because we are simply electrical energy.I have found that as I progress then the energy that I felt easily when giving 'healing' to another has changed becoming more subtle due to a refinement of the vibration of energy.On the other hand it does seem to penetrate on a deeper level.To feel your energy I suggest looking at simple chi gung methods such as holding the chi ball or standing like a tree techniques.Chi gung deliberately aims at harnessing and moving the energy to improve ones health.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2011 :  9:02:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Deanna,
When I read the SOW, I felt exactly what you are talking about.. everyone else had all these awesome experiences and I did not... all I felt was depressed if I over did my practice and had to self pace a lot.

The one thing that I have realized over the past 6 years... I did not experience all those awesome things that is talked about in the SOW and by others at the forum is because I had mind concepts and ideas about what those things must feel like. The day I started experiencing those things was the day I stopped looking for them... I did not want to do this any more... when this happened there was an inner surrender... and that is what helped me let go my ideas... and I experienced things that were talked about, but it was nothing like I had imagined them to be. At first they were tiny glimpses, and every time my mind dismissed them as .. that was nothing like what it should be... but it is... we receive may blessings along the way... but we miss it because we wait for it to show up in a certain way...

The reason you feel excess purification is because that is what needs to come out right now... the reason you self pace and your practice time is short is because that is what you need right now... it is not an indication of progress or no progress, it is an indication of things working. Many practice for hours and feel nothing... that is what they need at that point... will it be like this forever.. no... once a certain degree of purification happens, you may meditate longer and another person will have to cut back their practice and self pace.

So we keep practicing... chiseling away at the blocks, peeling layers and layers of blocks... and one day we will experience it all, just not the way we have imagined it.... but the way we are going to experience it for ourselves.

It took me a while to experience anything... but it happened... and it happened way before I accepted it because my mind was not satisfied with anything I did experience... I always wanted what the others had.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2011 :  12:06:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Deanna

It took me a few years of AYP practice before I began to have energy experiences (outside of overloading, that is). Although energy sensations are my daily experience now, they are not as consistent nor as dramatic as what some report here.

This is actually a blessing. My quality of life over the last few years has improved drastically. True happiness and love have entered my heart. Inner silence has become deeply established. I wouldn't trade this for the experiences that others speak about.

My guess is that you might be under-sensitive to practices. That can change over time. If the lack of energy experiences gets you down, I would suggest looking at the changes you've gone through and your overall life quality in the last 2 years. I bet you'll see wonderful things.

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  05:36:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It reminded me of this beautiful song by U2.

Don't move
Don't talk out of time
Don't think
Don't worry
Everything's just fine
Just fine

Don't grab
Don't clutch
Don't hope for too much
Don't breathe
Don't achieve
Or grieve without leave

Don't check
Just balance on the fence
Don't answer
Don't ask
Don't try and make sense

Don't whisper
Don't talk
Don't run if you can walk
Don't cheat, compete
Don't miss the one beat

Don't travel by train
Don't eat
Don't spill
Don't piss in the drain
Don't make a will

Don't fill out any forms
Don't compensate
Don't cower
Don't crawl
Don't come around late
Don't hover at the gate

Don't take it on board
Don't fall on your sword
Just play another chord
If you feel you're getting bored
I feel numb

Don't change your brand
Gimme what you got
Don't listen to the band
Don't gape
Gimme what I don't get
Don't ape
Don't change your shape
Have another grape
I feel numb

Gimme some more
A piece of me, baby
I feel numb

Don't plead
Don't bridle
Don't shackle
Don't grind
Don't curve
Don't swerve
Lie, die, serve

Don't theorize, realise, polarise
Chance, dance,dismiss, apologise

Gimme what you got
Gimme what I don't get
Gimme what you got
Too much is not enough

Don't spy
Don't lie
Don't try
Imply
Detain
Explain
Start again
I feel numb

Don't triumph
Don't coax
Don't cling
Don't hoax
Don't freak
Don't Peak
Don't leak
Don't speak
I feel numb

Don't project
Don't connect
Protect
Don't expect
Suggest

Don't struggle
Don't jerk
Don't collar
Don't work
Don't wish
Don't fish
Don't teach
Don't reach

Don't borrow
Don't break
Don't fence
Don't steal
Don't pass
Don't press
Don't pry
Don't feel

Don't touch
Don't dive
Don't suffer
Don't rhyme
Don't fantasize
Don't rise
Don't lie

Don't project
Don't connect
Protect
Don't expect
Suggest

I feel numb
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...umb+u2&meta=

Go to Top of Page

senthil

India
25 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2011 :  09:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit senthil's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well said, Shweta. It's what i wanted to hear right now
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  6:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great lyrics
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  6:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LucienneK,

Although im coming from the other side of the spectrum -started off with tons of energy and learning to balance it in my life- i wanted to share something. When Kundalini first awakened there was a part of me that felt 'special', this constant reminder, no matter how hard it was to deal with at times, that i had some force working in my body and transforming it,special me. i believe i became addicted in ways to 'feeling' the energy and when i wasn't feeling it (prolly when i was actually stable in the beginning) i would wonder what i was doing wrong and want to feel it, pleasant or unpleasant. i went through the depression, mood swings, severe irritability, not to mention some pretty bad side effects to the physical body and still i wanted to continue to feel it and pressed myself pretty hard. Looking back now though, having finally learned how to self pace this year and actually meeting a fellow AYP practitioner who has been doing this for several years, i could see what was really important. This person certainly didnt experience the energy in enormous amounts and feel it constantly but they are the most grounded, stable, loving, present Being i have ever encountered and that to me is what AYP is about, not feeling the energy but being able to see the changes in your lifestyle and your interactions with your fellow humes. Keep your chin up and thank you so much for sharing this. Much Love
Go to Top of Page

Jaycee

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  07:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jaycee's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Luciennek,

You might like to consider Reiki initiation. There are three levels or degrees of Reiki and you would certainly be able to feel the energy flowing if you were initiated up to the second degree. It might be worth looking into.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2011 :  1:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LucienneK,

Being able to "feel" the energy is directly tied to "quieting your mind". The less you notice your own thoughts, the easier it is to notice "other stuff" or "feel the energy". Most people have 5-10+ different threads going on in their head during the day, which creates distractions from feeling things.

Clearing obstructions can also feel like "less threads going on". I agree with everyone else, to just continue with the practices and give it time. But, if it is important to you, you may want to look into some basic "body scan" types of meditation. They may help with the body feelings.

Peace & Love.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000