Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 med question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  12:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have a continuing problem in meditation with my stomach. Almost always my stomach begins to feel bloated after a few minutes even with no food or prior feeling of fullness. The act of just sitting there without doing anything makes my belly swell as much as it makes the motor in my head say 'get going, do something, don't be a lazy b-stard'. Maybe it's just a wierd phenom that will pass or maybe it's some kind of 'nerve' blockage? I don't know. But I've always had tummy troubles along with food allergies and some other junk. A therapist once told me that maybe at one time I had a hard time 'swallowing' life. Sounds about right. And by the by, I love all the comments and care I've recieved in this forum. What a bunch of terrific folks! Kevin, your story is beyond belief. What miracles! Or should I say 'rewards' for hard work.

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  12:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lmaher22

I have a continuing problem in meditation with my stomach. Almost always my stomach begins to feel bloated after a few minutes even with no food or prior feeling of fullness. The act of just sitting there without doing anything makes my belly swell as much as it makes the motor in my head say 'get going, do something, don't be a lazy b-stard'. Maybe it's just a wierd phenom that will pass or maybe it's some kind of 'nerve' blockage? I don't know. But I've always had tummy troubles along with food allergies and some other junk. A therapist once told me that maybe at one time I had a hard time 'swallowing' life. Sounds about right. And by the by, I love all the comments and care I've recieved in this forum. What a bunch of terrific folks! Kevin, your story is beyond belief. What miracles! Or should I say 'rewards' for hard work.

It's the glittery stuff that has no value.

How is your sense of self? Your "little self" or "ego"? Do you carefully cling to it, poke and prod it, and seek to make it the way you want it to be? Do you let life unfold as it will, or are you a personality that seeks to order things? Don't read anything into my questions.. just gathering information.

Love,

Kev
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  3:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah Kev, I'm guilty of all of that and I sure would like to change. That's why I'm here. Being limited in the jobs I can do and the amount of other outside activities because of heart disease is something I have never really accepted. Working was always a big part of who I was, what I was, where I was going.--- Not to mention the money which I found freeing and enabling. I'm trying to overcome these feelings of being a bum or becoming sicker or dying earlier and AYP and deep med has helped. I still have a way to go though. But hell, if all the rotten stuff lead me here and I can actually learn to use it: then maybe it's been worth it.
No one comes to places like this after just hitting the lottery, I guess!
With sincere thanks,
L
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2011 :  4:11:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lmaher22

Yeah Kev, I'm guilty of all of that and I sure would like to change. That's why I'm here. Being limited in the jobs I can do and the amount of other outside activities because of heart disease is something I have never really accepted. Working was always a big part of who I was, what I was, where I was going.--- Not to mention the money which I found freeing and enabling. I'm trying to overcome these feelings of being a bum or becoming sicker or dying earlier and AYP and deep med has helped. I still have a way to go though. But hell, if all the rotten stuff lead me here and I can actually learn to use it: then maybe it's been worth it.
No one comes to places like this after just hitting the lottery, I guess!
With sincere thanks,
L

Dear friend, you are very fortunate. You have suffered and know that there is a much brighter world out there, that is within your reach. Suffering is a BLESSING when it impels us to find true freedom.

Have you read Anthony De Mello yet? This free book is a good intro:
http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/arvi...wareness.pdf

All of our conditioned selves make us sick from time to time; when you come to see how crappy your own conditioned self is.. how much suffering it causes.. how it can't actually bring you ANY happiness.. and when you see there is functionally no difference between "your" conditioned self and someone elses.. then your navel chakra will settle down quite a bit.. which MAY help your stomach.. of course you may have an autoimmune disorder too or something.. I can't say.

There are many solid AYP'ers who can give you great feedback too..You can also email my profile if you want.

It would be nice to get this resolved for you, so that you can continue your AYP practice.

Love you,

Kev
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000