Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2011 :  11:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all. I was wondering can samyama be done between DM, or does it have to be done immediately after? At this point I think it would be easier for me to do samyama at another time in the day. Also, can I do two or three samyamas or is it like DM and do we only do a set number per day?
Thanks to everyone, especially Y.
L

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  09:07:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In samyama we take the inner silence we cultivated in meditation and move it outward. So the most effective time to do samyama is right after meditation.

In the beginning, it is better to do it right after meditation as access to inner silence is at its max at that point and working with this makes it easy to learn the technique of samyama.
Later, when you have access to the inner silence at all times and you know how samyama works, you can do samyama any time of the day... actually samyama becomes a way of life. But it is better in the beginning to stay with the procedure described in the lesson.

If you want to do it as a practice between meditation, that is fine, but it may not be as effective and/or may get frustrating. But you can try it and let us know how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2011 :  10:07:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Shanti.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000